Sedation, Standing Surgery, Faulty Foals and Future Form
14 Nov 2017 17:00 - 21:30
This ever-popular North of England Regional Meeting will look at sedation, anaesthesia and pre/post-partum problems as well as allowing delegates to catch up over supper.
Andrew Harrison will review local anaesthesia for standing surgery and discuss methods of tackling challenging sedations. Kevin Corley will fly in from the Curragh to look at the value of ultrasound in late pregnancy and address the long term outcomes for horses following neonatal disease and late pregnancy scanning and foetal sexing .
This meeting is suitable for all involved in equine practice.
BEVA Members £50
BEVA Student Members £25
Key Learning Objectives:
• Learn the normal and abnormal features of pregnancy as detected by trans-abdominal ultrasound
• Correct placement of appropriate local anaesthetic solutions to facilitate standing procedures
• A review of the major diseases of neonatal foals and learn in which cases future athletic ability may be compromised
• Sedating the ‘untouchables’, discussion of the management of those high profile and difficult cases
Mrs Lesley Barwise-Munro BSc BVM&S CertEP MRCVS Northumberland
Andrew Harrison BVSc CertEP CertVA MRCVS Gloucestershire
Kevin Corley BVM&S PhD DECEIM DACVIM DACVECC MRCVS Ireland
Terms and conditions:
- Cancellation more than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: A refund will be made less a 10% administrative charge.
- Cancellation less than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: No refunds can be guaranteed, but if BEVA can resell the place a refund will be made less a 20% administrative charge.
- Transfer of Delegate: Booked places can be transferred to another person. If the transferee is not a BEVA Member he/she will be liable for the difference between the Member and Non-Member delegate rates.
- Insurance: All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Safety: Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- Data Protection: I understand that BEVA may pass my details to the organisers or sponsors of the courses unless I have specified otherwise.
- Compliance: I am a qualified to undertake the procedures being taught, or I am in training for such a qualification, in which case I will make the organisers aware of my status.
By registering for this event, I confirm that I accept the above terms and conditions.
Note: only online payments are accepted when booking via the website. If you do not wish to pay online please contact the office on 01638 723555