The 14th International Equine Colic Symposium
10 Jul 2024
09:00 - 17:00
If you are travelling from the USA or would like an invoice for your registration please complete our booking form.
About the International Equine Colic Symposium
The Symposium has become an important triennial meeting for equine vets and researchers over the past 30 years. Returning for it's 14th time, the 2024 meeting will be held over two and a half days, with 12 minute oral presentations followed by three minutes for questions and discussions.
Topic areas will include but are not limited to:
Pharmacology of intestinal motility
Complications: post-operative ileus, laminitis, adhesions etc.Parasitology
Physiology of digestion
As well as the presentations and discussions, there will be plenty of opportunities to connect with other equine vets, researchers and professionals.
Included in your ticket will be a drinks reception and lunches on two of the days, along with an evening buffet and Ceilidh on one of the evenings. A great chance to not only enhance your knowledge on a range of topics, but have a great time too!
Edinburgh is a popular destination and we'd recommend booking your accommodation as soon as possible as options are limited.
We've partnered with MICE concierge to offer exclusive rates for nearby hotels, find your accommodation here.
You can also browse and book University of Edinburgh accommodation options here. University of Edinburgh are also offering a discount code for delegates to use to book accommodation. You will receive this discount code with your course booking confirmation.
Standard registration: £475
Concessionary* registration: £235
The ticket price includes a drinks reception on both 10th & 11th, an evening buffet and Ceilidh on 11th and lunch on 11th & 12th.
*Concessionary registration is available to veterinary medicine students and residents. Please send proof of your concessionary eligibility to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you book a place on a BEVA CPD course and are unable to attend due to any Covid-19 related issue you will receive a credit for the amount you paid. This credit can be used for any BEVA CPD and will be valid for a year from the date of issue. Please contact us as soon as possible if you are unable to attend a course.
- If BEVA are required to cancel or postpone a course for any reason, you can opt to receive a full refund or receive a credit for a future BEVA CPD course (valid for a year from the date of issue).
- A full refund will be made, less a 10% administration charge, if cancellation is more than 6 weeks before the start of the course
- A refund cannot be guaranteed if cancellation is less than 6 weeks before the start of the course. A refund will be made if BEVA can resell the place, less a 20% administration charge.
- Booked places can be transferred to another person free of charge. If the transferee is not a BEVA member they will be liable for the difference between the member and non-member rate.
- All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- BEVA may pass contact details of delegates to the organisers or sponsors of the course unless the delegate has specified otherwise.
- All delegates self-certify that they are a qualified veterinary surgeon or veterinary nurse and qualified to undertake the procedures being taught. Where the delegate is in training for such a qualification BEVA must be made aware of their training status at the time of booking.
By registering for this event, you accept the above terms and conditions.