The Equine Back
23 Jun 2017 09:00 - 24 Jun 2017 16:30
There is no doubt that the equine back presents a diagnostic and therapeutic challenge. The anatomy of the back is complex and pain can arise from several structures caused by a variety of problems, which are usually multi-factorial and often interlinked resulting in a range of clinical signs.
Successful outcome of these cases requires a multidisciplinary approach and the close collaboration between all people caring for horses.
In this course the delegate will be guided through the diagnosis and therapy of back problems highlighting the different approaches from the veterinary, biomechanical and physiotherapeutic experts in small group teaching sessions with live horses. It is suitable for anybody who wants to know more about this challenging area and how the different professional groups approach this. This course is offered as a blended session with introductory material provided online followed by lectures and small group teaching during the two days.
BEVA Members £325
Non Members £650
Key Learning Objectives:
• Gain an understanding of the morphological and functional anatomy of the back
• Understand the principles of saddle fitting
• Understand the veterinary and physiotherapeutic approach to back problems
Suitable for RCVS Modules:
Prof Renate Weller DrMedVet PhD MVetEd Assoc.ECVDI FHEA MRCVS - Hertfordhshire
Dr Thilo Pfau Dr. ing, FHEA - TBC - Hertfordshire
Prof Renate Weller DrMedVet PhD MVetEd Assoc.ECVDI FHEA MRCVS - Hertfordshire
Dr Andrew Fiske-Jackson BVSc MVetMed Dipl. ECVS MRCVS - TBC Hertfordshire
Mrs Sonya Nightingale MCSP ACPAT CAT ‘A’ - Wiltshire
Mr Russel Guire BSc Hons - Leicestershire
Dr Marianna Biggi DVM PhD MRCVS DipECVDI - TBC - Suffolk
Ms Alana Cyman - Hertfordshire
Dr Sarah Channon - Hertfordshire
Mr Mark Fisher - Leicestershire
Terms and conditions:
- Cancellation more than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: A refund will be made less a 10% administrative charge.
- Cancellation less than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: No refunds can be guaranteed, but if BEVA can resell the place a refund will be made less a 20% administrative charge.
- Transfer of Delegate: Booked places can be transferred to another person. If the transferee is not a BEVA Member he/she will be liable for the difference between the Member and Non-Member delegate rates.
- Insurance: All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Safety: Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- Data Protection: I understand that BEVA may pass my details to the organisers or sponsors of the courses unless I have specified otherwise.
- Compliance: I am a qualified to undertake the procedures being taught, or I am in training for such a qualification, in which case I will make the organisers aware of my status.
By registering for this event, I confirm that I accept the above terms and conditions.
Kindly Sponsored By:
Royal Veterinary College,
Note: only online payments are accepted when booking via the website. If you do not wish to pay online please contact the office on 01638 723555