Practical Dentistry - the essentials **FULL** Please conact the office to be placed on the waitlist
18 Nov 2017 08:45 - 19 Nov 2017 17:30
This is a 2 day course, consisting of two half days of lectures and two half days of practical sessions.
This course will cater for vets who do not have great expertise in the field of equine dentistry and is aimed at introducing them to the majority of equine disorders encountered in general practice. The lectures will cover clinical anatomy, physiology, developmental and acquired abnormalities of incisors and cheek teeth, dental infections using manual and motorised dental equipment, dental examination techniques, routine prophylactic dental care and a brief overview of dental surgical procedures.
The small group practical classes will deal with oral examination/routine floating techniques with emphasis on the role of the general practitioner rather than the specialist. The practical sessions have been well received over past courses and provide a unique opportunity to develop examination and rasping skills.
The course provides a good chance for delegates to handle and discuss the use of a range of dental equipment. In addition to this sponsors will be present at the lecture venue, allowing delegates who wish to purchase equipment for their practices to do so with some guidance from the course lecturers.
The course fee includes the course dinner on Saturday 18th November. (Please note accommodation is not included in the registration fee).
BEVA Members £245
Non Members £490
Key Learning Objectives:
• Be able to recognise the majority of dental disorders encountered in general practice
• Gain theoretical and practical knowledge of the use of a range of dental equipment
• Gain theoretical and practical skills in routine equine dental care
• Understand the clinical anatomy & physiology of the equine mouth and teeth
• Understand the principles of routine dental imaging
Suitable for RCVS Modules:
C-E.12 Equine Dental Anatomy and Physiology; C-E.13 Equine Dental Care, Diagnosis and Treatment;
C-E.15 Basic Equine Practice 1, C-E.16 Basic Equine Practice Part 2
Mr Tim Barnett BSc(Hons) BVM&S MSc CertAVP DipECVS MRCVS - Suffolk
Tim Barnett BSc(Hons) BVM&S MSc CertAVP DipECVS MRCVS - Suffolk
Graham Duncanson BVSc MSc(VetGP) DProf FRCVS - Norfolk
Mark Grant MA VetMB BSc PhD CertAVP(ED) BAEDT MRCVS - Suffolk
Sam Hole BSc(Hons) BVM&S CertAVP(EP) CertAVP(ED) Dipl.EVDC (equine) BAEDT MRCVS - Staffordshire
Rob Pascoe BVSc BAEDT MRCVS Kent
Pete Ravenhill BVSc CertEM (StudMed) BAEDT MRCVS - Gloucestershire
Amy Reynolds MRVCS BAEDT - Dorset
Nicole du Toit BVSc MSc CertEP PhD DipEVDC(Eq) DipAVDC(Eq) MRCVS - Devon
Neil Townsend MSc BVSc CertES(ST) DipECVS DipEVDC(Eq) MRCVS - Gloucestershire
Terms and conditions:
- Cancellation more than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: A refund will be made less a 10% administrative charge.
- Cancellation less than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: No refunds can be guaranteed, but if BEVA can resell the place a refund will be made less a 20% administrative charge.
- Transfer of Delegate: Booked places can be transferred to another person. If the transferee is not a BEVA Member he/she will be liable for the difference between the Member and Non-Member delegate rates.
- Insurance: All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Safety: Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- Data Protection: I understand that BEVA may pass my details to the organisers or sponsors of the courses unless I have specified otherwise.
- Compliance: I am a qualified to undertake the procedures being taught, or I am in training for such a qualification, in which case I will make the organisers aware of my status.
By registering for this event, I confirm that I accept the above terms and conditions.
Kindly Sponsored By:
Beaufort Cottage Stables,
This event is fully booked.
Note: only online payments are accepted when booking via the website. If you do not wish to pay online please contact the office on 01638 723555