Beyond the Fundamentals of Equine Dentistry
21 Nov 2021 09:00 - 17:00
Rossdales Equine Hospital,
Last Chance to Book
Due to the pre-learning requirements bookings for this course will close at 5pm on Friday 12 November. Please note that we cannot accept any bookings after this time. Please click the button above to secure your place or contact the BEVA Office directly via email or phone - 01638 723 555.
We plan to hold all advertised courses scheduled between September and December 2021, provided they can fully comply with local Covid-19 guidelines. This will mean that a series of protective measures will be put in place; all attendees will be notified of these measures before attending the course.
We would like to reassure you, if we need to cancel or postpone one of our upcoming courses for any reason you will be entitled to a full refund. Please see further information in our terms and conditions below.
Who is the course for?
This course caters for recently graduated vets, or those returning to equine practice, with limited experience in modern equine dentistry
About the Course
This course caters for recently graduated vets, or those returning to equine practice, with limited experience in modern equine dentistry. This one-day course builds on the Fundamentals of Equine Dentistry course held the previous day with lectures, live-horse practicals and panel discussions.
The lectures will cover developmental and acquired disease of incisors, canines, cheek teeth and periodontal tissues. Similar small group practical classes will allow delegates to be guided in the identification of problems in the equine mouth beyond routine sharp enamel overgrowths. In addition, further practical teaching in routine examination and floating of teeth will give delegates further experience in these techniques. There will be a range of dental equipment available to use, and on display for purchase from our sponsors. However, delegates are encouraged to bring their own equipment for use in the practical’s and be guided in their use by the tutors.
BEVA Members can attend both this course and the Fundamentals of Equine Dentistry on 20 November for £530 altogether. To book at this rate please contact the BEVA Office on 01638 723 555 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tim Barnett BSc (Hons) BVM&S MSc CertAVP DipECVS DipEVDC(Eq) MRCVS, Suffolk
- Nicky Brooks MA VetMB CertAVP(EP) CertAVP(ED) BAEDT MRCVS, Dorset
- Mark Grant MA VetMB BSc PhD CertAVP(ED) BAEDT MRCVS, Suffolk
- Sam Hole BSc(Hons) BVM&S CertAVP(EP) CertAVP(ED) DipEVDC(Eq) BAEDT MRCVS, Staffordshire
Rob Pascoe BVSc BAEDT DipAVDC(Eq) BAEDT MRCVS, Kent
Amy Reynolds BVetMed CertAVP(ED) BAEDT MRCVS, Dorset
Neil Townsend MSc BVSc CertES(ST) DipECVS DipEVDC(Eq) MRCVS, Gloucestershire - Online Only
- BEVA members £325
- BEVA member package price £530
- Non members £650
Kindly sponsored by
Please note: you are required to make an online payment when booking via the website. If you would like to pay using a different method please contact us on +44 (0) 1638 723 555 or by email at email@example.com.
Terms & Conditions
Covid-19 Terms and Conditions
- If you book a place on a BEVA CPD course and are unable to attend due to any Covid-19 related issue (e.g. as a result of showing symptoms or track and trace restrictions) you will receive a credit for the amount you paid. This credit can be used for any BEVA CPD and will be valid for a year from the date of issue. Please contact us as soon as possible if you are unable to attend a course.
- If you need to cancel your place for a non-Covid-19 related reason our standard terms and conditions will apply.
- If BEVA are required to cancel or postpone a course for any reason, you can opt to receive a full refund or receive a credit for a future BEVA CPD course (valid for a year from the date of issue).
Standard Terms and Conditions
- A full refund will be made, less a 10% administration charge, if cancellation is more than 6 weeks before the start of the course
- A refund cannot be guaranteed if cancellation is less than 6 weeks before the start of the course. A refund will be made if BEVA can resell the place, less a 20% administration charge.
- Booked places can be transferred to another person free of charge. If the transferee is not a BEVA member he/she will be liable for the difference between the member and non-member rate.
- All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- BEVA may pass contact details of delegates to the organisers or sponsors of the course unless the delegate has specified otherwise.
- All delegates self-certify that they are a qualified veterinary surgeon or veterinary nurse and qualified to undertake the procedures being taught. Where the delegate is in training for such a qualification BEVA must be made aware of their training status at the time of booking.
By registering for this event, you accept the above terms and conditions.