FULLY BOOKED: Pre-Purchase Examination - the Essentials
15 Apr 2024
08:45 - 18:00
West Wilts Equestrian Centre,
This course is now fully booked, to be added to the waiting list and contacted if a space becomes available please complete our short form below.
Add to Waiting List
There are still spaces available for this course on the following dates:
07/10/2024: Click here to book
08/10/2024: Click here to book
9 CPD Hours
About the course
These workshops are designed to provide all the essential information to ensure that delegates can confidently perform a five-stage vetting in line with RCVS, BEVA and VDS recommendations. Previous attendees have ranged from junior vets wishing to start carrying out PPEs to senior practitioners wanting to remind themselves of potential PPE pitfalls and how best to communicate contentious findings.
The speakers, including an equine claims consultant from the VDS, all have a huge wealth of knowledge of PPE in practice. The practical programme includes examining horses with reference to wind, eyes, heart, ageing, flexion tests, conformation, intended use and much more.
What will I learn?
By the end of the course you will...
1. Be able to confidently perform a five-stage vetting
2. Be able to recognise and interpret cardiac, respiratory, and ophthalmic abnormalities
3. Be able to assess gait abnormalities
4. Understand the pitfalls of Pre-Purchase Examination
5. Be able to recognise and communicate contentious findings
Extremely useful. All speakers very approachable. Lovely atmosphere. Now time to put it all into practice!
- previous Pre-Purchase Examination - the Essentials delegate
Course Organiser: Mr Ian Camm BVSc CertEP MRCVS
Tim Brazil BVSc CertEM(intMed) PhD DipECEIM MRCVS
Mark Georgetti BVSc CertES (Soft Tissue) MRCVS
Lucy Grieve MA VetMB MRCVS
Vet member: £450
Non member: £900
This course is sponsored by
- If you book a place on a BEVA CPD course and are unable to attend due to any Covid-19 related issue you will receive a credit for the amount you paid. This credit can be used for any BEVA CPD and will be valid for a year from the date of issue. Please contact us as soon as possible if you are unable to attend a course.
- If BEVA are required to cancel or postpone a course for any reason, you can opt to receive a full refund or receive a credit for a future BEVA CPD course (valid for a year from the date of issue).
- A full refund will be made, less a 10% administration charge, if cancellation is more than 6 weeks before the start of the course
- A refund cannot be guaranteed if cancellation is less than 6 weeks before the start of the course. A refund will be made if BEVA can resell the place, less a 20% administration charge.
- Booked places can be transferred to another person free of charge. If the transferee is not a BEVA member they will be liable for the difference between the member and non-member rate.
- All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- BEVA may pass contact details of delegates to the organisers or sponsors of the course unless the delegate has specified otherwise.
- All delegates self-certify that they are a qualified veterinary surgeon or veterinary nurse and qualified to undertake the procedures being taught. Where the delegate is in training for such a qualification BEVA must be made aware of their training status at the time of booking.
By registering for this event, you accept the above terms and conditions.