Back to all CPD
Myerscough College,Preston,PR3 0RY
These workshops are designed to provide all the essential information to ensure that delegates can confidently perform a five-stage vetting in line with RCVS, BEVA and VDS recommendations. Previous attendees have ranged from junior vets wishing to start carrying out PPEs to senior practitioners wanting to remind themselves of potential PPE pitfalls and how best to communicate contentious findings. The speakers, including an equine claims consultant from the VDS, all have a huge wealth of knowledge of PPE in practice. The practical programme includes examining horses with reference to wind, eyes, heart, ageing, flexion tests, conformation, intended use and much more.
You can also attend this course on 07/10/2024. Click here to book.
By the end of the course you will...
1. Be able to confidently perform a five-stage vetting
2. Be able to recognise and interpret cardiac, respiratory, and ophthalmic abnormalities
3. Be able to assess gait abnormalities
4. Understand the pitfalls of Pre-Purchase Examination
5. Be able to recognise and communicate contentious findings
- previous Pre-Purchase Examination - the Essentials delegate
Course Organiser: Mr Ian Camm BVSc CertEP MRCVS
Tim Brazil BVSc CertEM(intMed) PhD DipECEIM MRCVS
Mark Georgetti BVSc CertES (Soft Tissue) MRCVS
Vet member: £450
Non member: £900
By registering for this event, you accept the above terms and conditions.
Our partners support our annual CPD programme, helping us to deliver some of the best equine veterinary CPD in the world.