Advanced Theoretical Equine Dental Technicians Course - Online Discussion Only
19 Aug 2021 08:30 - 18:00
Who is the course for?
You can choose between two options when booking onto the course. This option is for the Online Discussion Day only. This option is suitable for veterinarians only and you need to be a BEVA member.
If you are an equine dental technician or have limited dental experience please see the lecture and discussion day package.
About the Course
The Online Discussion Day package will give you access to our live lectures from the comfort of your own home to ensure you are prepared to sit the BEVA/BVDA exam. The lectures will cover all of the theory required to help you pass the theory section of the exam as well as a discussion on the common reasons for previous exam failures.
You will also be provided with comprehensive electronic course notes that are considered essential reading to prepare you to sit the exam.
Previous vets attending the course have found it beneficial to attend the full course. For details and to book the online pre-recorded lecture package along with the discussion day please see the full event details here.
Key Learning Objectives
- Understand the depth of knowledge required to pass the BEVA/BVDA exam
- Understand equine dental anatomy in the context of the whole horse
- Understand the basics of equine digestive physiology and nutrition in relation to equine dental care
- Understand the basic health care needs and common diseases of the horse
- Understand the beneficial and pathogenic roles of microbes and their control.
- Understand equine dental diagnostic techniques
- Understand the appropriate equine dental procedures to be undertaken by an equine dental technician
- Understand evidence based medicine and its application to equine dental care
- Understand the UK legislation that applies to equine dental procedures
- Understand how to work as part of the veterinary care team in the provision of equine dental care
- Understand the common reasons for failing the BEVA/BVDA exam
Brilliant - I look forward to using my new knowledge to help me progress
- 2020 Delegate
- Rob Pascoe BVSc BAEDT DipAVDC-Eq MRCVS, Kent
- Mark Grant MA VetMB BSc PhD CertAVP(ED) BAEDT MRCVS, Suffolk
- Rob Pascoe BVSc DipAVDC-Eq MRCVS, RCVS Recognised Specialist in Veterinary Dentistry (Equine), Kent
- Jess Hughes BSc BAEDT, Wales
We are also offering the opportunity for veterinarians looking to sit the exam the opportunity to book the Online Discussion Day only. Please note this option will not give you access to the pre-recorded lectures that this option gives you. For more information about booking the Online Discussion Day only please visit the event page here.
Kindly sponsored by
Please note: you are required to make an online payment when booking via the website. If you would like to pay using a different method please contact us on +44 (0) 1638 723 555 or by email at email@example.com.
Terms & Conditions
- Cancellation more than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: A refund will be made less a 10% administrative charge.
- Cancellation less than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: No refunds can be guaranteed, but if BEVA can resell the place a refund will be made less a 20% administrative charge.
- Transfer of Delegate: Booked places can be transferred to another person. If the transferee is not a BEVA Member he/she will be liable for the difference between the Member and Non-Member delegate rates.
- Insurance: All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Safety: Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- Data Protection: I understand that BEVA may pass my details to the organisers or sponsors of the courses unless I have specified otherwise.
- Compliance: I am a qualified to undertake the procedures being taught, or I am in training for such a qualification, in which case I will make the organisers aware of my status.
By registering for this event, I confirm that I accept the above terms and conditions.