Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at veterinarians and the more experienced EDT who wishes to sit the BEVA/BVDA EDT examination in the future.
About the Course
The Advanced Theoretical Equine Dental Technicians course is taking place online again this year. The course will provide you with the necessary knowledge to help ensure you are ready to sit the BEVA/BVDA exam.
Split into two parts, our online pre-recorded lecture package will give you access to nine on-demand lecture presentations that you will be able to watch in your own time and cover the theory needed for the theory section of the exam. You will then join a live online lecture and discussion day on Thursday 19 August 2021, where our course speakers will provide lectures on key topics as well as provide a discussion on common reasons for previous exam failures.
You will also be provided with comprehensive electronic course notes for the live lectures that are considered essential reading to prepare you to sit the exam.
Key Learning Objectives
- Understand the depth of knowledge required to pass the BEVA/BVDA exam
- Understand equine dental anatomy in the context of the whole horse
- Understand the basics of equine digestive physiology and nutrition in relation to equine dental care
- Understand the basic health care needs and common diseases of the horse
- Understand the beneficial and pathogenic roles of microbes and their control.
- Understand equine dental diagnostic techniques
- Understand the appropriate equine dental procedures to be undertaken by an equine dental technician
- Understand evidence based medicine and its application to equine dental care
- Understand the UK legislation that applies to equine dental procedures
- Understand how to work as part of the veterinary care team in the provision of equine dental care
- Understand the common reasons for failing the BEVA/BVDA exam
Brilliant - I look forward to using my new knowledge to help me progress
- 2020 Delegate
- Rob Pascoe BVSc BAEDT DipAVDC-Eq MRCVS, Kent
- Mark Grant MA VetMB BSc PhD CertAVP(ED) BAEDT MRCVS, Suffolk
- Rob Pascoe BVSc DipAVDC-Eq MRCVS, RCVS Recognised Specialist in Veterinary Dentistry (Equine), Kent
- Jess Hughes BSc BAEDT, Wales
We are also offering the opportunity for veterinarians looking to sit the exam the opportunity to book the Online Discussion Day only. Please note this option will not give you access to the pre-recorded lectures that this option gives you. For more information about booking the Online Discussion Day only please visit the event page here.
Kindly sponsored by
Please note: you are required to make an online payment when booking via the website. If you would like to pay using a different method please contact us on +44 (0) 1638 723 555 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms & Conditions
- Cancellation more than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: A refund will be made less a 10% administrative charge.
- Cancellation less than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: No refunds can be guaranteed, but if BEVA can resell the place a refund will be made less a 20% administrative charge.
- Transfer of Delegate: Booked places can be transferred to another person. If the transferee is not a BEVA Member he/she will be liable for the difference between the Member and Non-Member delegate rates.
- Insurance: All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Safety: Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- Data Protection: I understand that BEVA may pass my details to the organisers or sponsors of the courses unless I have specified otherwise.
- Compliance: I am a qualified to undertake the procedures being taught, or I am in training for such a qualification, in which case I will make the organisers aware of my status.
By registering for this event, I confirm that I accept the above terms and conditions.