We plan to hold all advertised courses provided they can fully comply with local Covid-19 guidelines. This will mean that a series of protective measures will be put in place; all attendees will be notified of these measures before attending the course.
We would like to reassure you, if we need to cancel or postpone one of our upcoming courses for any reason you will be entitled to a full refund. Please see further information in our terms and conditions below.
Who is the course for?
The course is designed for vets who work at or are looking to work at horse trials and other equine events.
About the Course
This brand-new course will cover all major aspects of working at horse trials. Our highly-experienced speakers will take you through practical tips associated with event vetting, discuss how to manage horses overnight with no drugs, tips for fine tuning your approaches to scenarios such as the trapped horse, and explain how the course builder designs obstacles to maximise safety and challenge the competitors.
Key Learning Objectives
- Develop an understanding of the team involved in running horse trials and the roles they play.
- Refresh your knowledge on horse side emergency procedures and safer horse rescue.
- Learn how to work with doctors and other emergency workers in critical situations.
- Be able to assess, formulate and carry out a plan for a sick or injured horse in an event scenario.
- Mr Alex Knott MA VetMB MRCVS, Leicestershire UK
- Mr Stuart Buntine, FEI Course Designer and Technical Delegate. UK
- Mr Jim Green, BARTA UK
- Dr Meg Hardman MBBS, MRCGP, DRCOG, DSRH, Chair of the Medical Equestrian Association UK
- Mrs Leslie Barwise-Munro BSc BVM&S CertEP MRCVS, Northumbria UK
- Mr Neal Ashton BVet Med CertEP CertES (ST) Dipl.ECVS MRCVS, Leicestershire UK
- Prof Mark Bowen BVetMed MMEdSci(MedEd) PhD Cert VA CertEM(IntMed) DipACVIM-LAIM PFHEA FRCVS, Nottingham UK
- Mr Peter ‘Spike’ Milligan BVetMed MRCVS, Lambourn, UK
- Member price £290
- Non Member price £580
Full Course Programme
Terms & Conditions
Covid-19 Terms and Conditions
- If you book a place on a 2020 BEVA CPD course and are unable to attend due to any Covid-19 related issue (e.g. as a result of showing symptoms or track and trace restrictions) you will receive a credit for the amount you paid. This credit can be used for any BEVA CPD up until the 31 December 2021. Please contact us as soon as possible if you are unable to attend a course.
- If you need to cancel your place for a non-Covid-19 related reason our standard terms and conditions will apply.
- If BEVA are required to cancel or postpone a course for any reason, you can opt to receive a full refund or receive a credit for a future BEVA CPD course (valid until 31 December 2021).
Standard Terms and Conditions
- A full refund will be made, less a 10% administration charge, if cancellation is more than 6 weeks before the start of the course
- A refund cannot be guaranteed if cancellation is less than 6 weeks before the start of the course. A refund will be made if BEVA can resell the place, less a 20% administration charge.
- Booked places can be transferred to another person free of charge. If the transferee is not a BEVA member he/she will be liable for the difference between the member and non-member rate.
- All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- BEVA may pass contact details of delegates to the organisers or sponsors of the course unless the delegate has specified otherwise.
- All delegates self-certify that they are qualified to undertake the procedures being taught, or in training for such a qualification and make the organisers of the course aware of their training status.
By registering for this event, you accept the above terms and conditions.