Fundamentals of the Mare and Foal
01 Feb 2021 09:00 - 17:00
Sorry this course isn't available to book yet. Please register your interest and we'll contact you as soon you as bookings open.
We plan to hold all advertised courses provided they can fully comply with local Covid-19 guidelines. This will mean that a series of protective measures will be put in place; all attendees will be notified of these measures before attending the course.
We would like to reassure you, if we need to cancel or postpone one of our upcoming courses for any reason you will be entitled to a full refund. Please see further information in our terms and conditions below.
Who is the course for?
The course is designed for young vets, it is part of our
Fundamentals programme. It would also be suitable for those who want to refresh their knowledge.
About the Course
Part of our ‘Fundamentals programme’ aimed at new and recent graduates this course aims to ensure that new graduates facing their first stud season are prepared assess, treat and refer the late pregnant mare and foal. Lectures will include the late term mare, the post foaling check of the mare and foal, management of the mare and foal including advice to owners on getting foals to suck and nutritional management of the pregnant and lactating mare, foaling, dystocia and post foaling problems and the sick neonate, when to refer and what is possible.
Small group practical sessions will include assessment of the late term mare, assessment of angular and flexural limb deformities and case-based discussion on assessing neonatal and sick foals together with discussions on what to carry in your car.
The full programme, including speakers, for this course is being finalised and will be posted here as soon as it's ready.
- BEVA members £260
- Non members £520
Please note: you are required to make an online payment when booking via the website. If you would like to pay using a different method please contact us on +44 (0) 1638 723 555 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms & Conditions
Covid-19 Terms and Conditions
- If you book a place on a BEVA CPD course and are unable to attend due to any Covid-19 related issue (e.g. as a result of showing symptoms or track and trace restrictions) you will receive a credit for the amount you paid. This credit can be used for any BEVA CPD and will be valid for a year from the date of issue. Please contact us as soon as possible if you are unable to attend a course.
- If you need to cancel your place for a non-Covid-19 related reason our standard terms and conditions will apply.
- If BEVA are required to cancel or postpone a course for any reason, you can opt to receive a full refund or receive a credit for a future BEVA CPD course (valid for a year from the date of issue).
Standard Terms and Conditions
- A full refund will be made, less a 10% administration charge, if cancellation is more than 6 weeks before the start of the course
- A refund cannot be guaranteed if cancellation is less than 6 weeks before the start of the course. A refund will be made if BEVA can resell the place, less a 20% administration charge.
- Booked places can be transferred to another person free of charge. If the transferee is not a BEVA member he/she will be liable for the difference between the member and non-member rate.
- All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- BEVA may pass contact details of delegates to the organisers or sponsors of the course unless the delegate has specified otherwise.
- All delegates self-certify that they are a qualified veterinary surgeon or veterinary nurse and qualified to undertake the procedures being taught. Where the delegate is in training for such a qualification BEVA must be made aware of their training status at the time of booking.
By registering for this event, you accept the above terms and conditions.