Osberton International Horse Trials - Event Incident Management
09 Oct 2020 09:00 - 17:00
We plan to hold all advertised courses scheduled between September and December 2020, provided they can fully comply with local Covid-19 guidelines. This will mean that a series of protective measures will be put in place; all attendees will be notified of these measures before attending the course.
We would like to reassure you, if we need to cancel or postpone one of our upcoming courses for any reason you will be entitled to a full refund. Please see further information in our terms and conditions below.
Who is the course for?
The course is designed for vets who work at or are looking to work at horse trials and other equine events.
About the Course
This brand-new course will teach you everything you need to know before working at horse trials as a veterinary surgeon.
With incredibly experienced speakers you will gain practical tips associated with event vetting, discuss how to manage horses overnight and fine tune your approach to potential scenarios in this unique environment.
This course will be based outdoors on the cross country course and in a marquee. We will be monitoring developments and government advice closely and all attendees will be required to adhere to government advice whilst on the course. BEVA will prioritise the safety of all attendees. Please review our cancellation policy before booking on the course and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
Key Learning Objectives
- Develop an understanding of the team involved in running a horse trials and the roles they play.
- Refresh your knowledge on horse side emergency procedures and safer horse rescue.
- Learn how to work with doctors and other emergency workers in critical situations.
- Be able to assess, formulate and carry out a plan for a sick or injured horse in an event scenario.
- Mr Alex Knott MA VetMB MRCVS, Leicestershire UK
- Mr Stuart Buntine, FEI Course Designer and Technical Delegate. UK
- Mr Jim Green, BARTA UK
- Dr Meg Hardman MBBS, MRCGP, DRCOG, DSRH, Chair of the Medical Equestrian Association UK
- Mrs Leslie Barwise-Munro BSc BVM&S CertEP MRCVS, Northumbria UK
- Mr Neal Ashton BVet Med CertEP CertES (ST) Dipl.ECVS MRCVS, Leicestershire UK
- Prof Mark Bowen BVetMed MMEdSci(MedEd) PhD Cert VA CertEM(IntMed) DipACVIM-LAIM PFHEA FRCVS, Nottingham UK
- Mr Peter ‘Spike’ Milligan BVetMed MRCVS, Lambourn, UK
- BEVA members £250
- Non members £500
Full Course Programme
Please be reminded of biosecurity requirements at BEVA CPD events, these can be viewed here.
Kindly sponsored by
Please note: you are required to make an online payment when booking via the website. If you would like to pay using a different method please contact us on +44 (0) 1638 723 555 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms & Conditions
Covid-19 Terms and Conditions
- If you book a place on a 2020 BEVA CPD course and are unable to attend due to any Covid-19 related issue (e.g. as a result of showing symptoms or track and trace restrictions) you will receive a credit for the amount you paid. This credit can be used for any BEVA CPD up until the 31 December 2021. Please contact us as soon as possible if you are unable to attend a course.
- If you need to cancel your place for a non-Covid-19 related reason our standard terms and conditions will apply.
- If BEVA are required to cancel or postpone a course for any reason, you can opt to receive a full refund or receive a credit for a future BEVA CPD course (valid until 31 December 2021).
Standard Terms and Conditions
- A full refund will be made, less a 10% administration charge, if cancellation is more than 6 weeks before the start of the course
- A refund cannot be guaranteed if cancellation is less than 6 weeks before the start of the course. A refund will be made if BEVA can resell the place, less a 20% administration charge.
- Booked places can be transferred to another person free of charge. If the transferee is not a BEVA member he/she will be liable for the difference between the member and non-member rate.
- All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- BEVA may pass contact details of delegates to the organisers or sponsors of the course unless the delegate has specified otherwise.
- All delegates self-certify that they are qualified to undertake the procedures being taught, or in training for such a qualification and make the organisers of the course aware of their training status.
By registering for this event, you accept the above terms and conditions.