Post-Mortem: Finding the Answers After Life
04 Dec 2020 09:00 - 17:00
Rossdales Equine Hospital and Diagnostic Centre,
We plan to hold all advertised courses scheduled between September and December 2020, provided they can fully comply with local Covid-19 guidelines. This will mean that a series of protective measures will be put in place; all attendees will be notified of these measures before attending the course.
We would like to reassure you, if we need to cancel or postpone one of our upcoming courses for any reason you will be entitled to a full refund. Please see further information in our terms and conditions below.
Who is the course for?
This is a general level course aimed at those conducting PMEs and those who wish to build confidence in doing so.
About the Course
This one-day post-mortem course will combine both lectures and practical sessions.
A morning of lectures will provide an overview of techniques for adult, foetal foal and placental examination, with some examples of common lesions and pitfalls to avoid.
The remainder of the day will be spent examining macroscopic specimens, to include detailed cardiac examination, approaches to examination of the feet and head, and placental examination.
Please note this course will be limited to 10 delegates, so early booking is advised.
Key Learning Objectives
- Develop your understanding of a logical approach to a post mortem examination
- Refresh your knowledge on common post mortem findings
- Be able to confidently identify common post-mortem findings
- Interpret common findings and understand their application and relevance in day to day work.
- Alistair Foote MA, VetMB, PHD, FRCPath, MRCVS, UK
- Jill Bryan BSc(Hons), MVB, DipECEIM, FRCPath, MRCVS, UK
- Katherine Whitwell, BVSc, DipIECVP, FRCVS, UK
- BEVA members £445
- Non members £890
Full Course Programme
Please be reminded of biosecurity requirements at BEVA CPD events, these can be viewed here.
Terms & Conditions
Covid-19 Terms and Conditions
- If you book a place on a 2020 BEVA CPD course and are unable to attend due to any Covid-19 related issue (e.g. as a result of showing symptoms or track and trace restrictions) you will receive a credit for the amount you paid. This credit can be used for any BEVA CPD up until the 31 December 2021. Please contact us as soon as possible if you are unable to attend a course.
- If you need to cancel your place for a non-Covid-19 related reason our standard terms and conditions will apply.
- If BEVA are required to cancel or postpone a course for any reason, you can opt to receive a full refund or receive a credit for a future BEVA CPD course (valid until 31 December 2021).
Standard Terms and Conditions
- A full refund will be made, less a 10% administration charge, if cancellation is more than 6 weeks before the start of the course
- A refund cannot be guaranteed if cancellation is less than 6 weeks before the start of the course. A refund will be made if BEVA can resell the place, less a 20% administration charge.
- Booked places can be transferred to another person free of charge. If the transferee is not a BEVA member he/she will be liable for the difference between the member and non-member rate.
- All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- BEVA may pass contact details of delegates to the organisers or sponsors of the course unless the delegate has specified otherwise.
- All delegates self-certify that they are a qualified veterinary surgeon or veterinary nurse and qualified to undertake the procedures being taught. Where the delegate is in training for such a qualification BEVA must be made aware of their training status at the time of booking.
By registering for this event, you accept the above terms and conditions.