About the Symposium
The Equine Colic Symposium has become an important triennial meeting for equine vets and researchers over the past 30 years. The 2020 meeting in Edinburgh, which runs over 2.5 days, will follow a similar format to previous symposia, with 12-minute oral presentations followed by 3 minutes for questions and discussion. Poster sessions on the 15th and 16th will expand beyond the oral presentations by giving attendees the opportunity to review and discuss work with poster presenters.
Topics areas will include but are not limited to:
- Surgical techniques
- Gastric ulceration
- Pharmacology of intestinal motility
- Complications: Post-operative ileus, laminitis, adhesions etc.
- Physiology of digestion
- Intestinal microbiome
- Standard registration: £400
- Concessionary registration: £150
Concessionary registration is open to postgraduate students and residents only. To book as a concessionary please use the discount code: COLIC_CONCESSIONARY and bring proof of your eligibility with you to the event. If you do not have proof of your status you will be invoiced for the outstanding standard price.
Submit an abstract
Clinicians and scientists are invited to submit abstracts of recent work that they wish to present at this meeting.
The scientific committee will consider abstracts on all aspects of equine gastroenterology, including basic science research and reports of clinical cases or novel approaches to treatment.
The deadline for submission of abstracts is 1 February 2020. For more information please read the guidelines.
Note: only online payments are accepted when booking via the website. If you do not wish to pay online please contact the office on 01638 723555
Terms & Conditions
- Cancellation more than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: A refund will be made less a 10% administrative charge.
- Cancellation less than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: No refunds can be guaranteed, but if BEVA can resell the place a refund will be made less a 20% administrative charge.
- Transfer of Delegate: Booked places can be transferred to another person. If the transferee is not a BEVA Member he/she will be liable for the difference between the Member and Non-Member delegate rates.
- Insurance: All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Safety: Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- Data Protection: I understand that BEVA may pass my details to the organisers or sponsors of the courses unless I have specified otherwise.
- Compliance: I am a qualified to undertake the procedures being taught, or I am in training for such a qualification, in which case I will make the organisers aware of my status.
By registering for this event, I confirm that I accept the above terms and conditions.