Postponed/Cancelled: Orthopaedic Ultrasound for Diagnosis & Treatment: Neck, Back, Pelvis and Stifle
15 Apr 2020 09:00 - 17:00
Kent Event Centre,
Coronavirus COVID-19 Update
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are unable to run our normal CPD programme until June at the earliest. This means Orthopaedic Ultrasound for Diagnosis and Treatment will not take place on 15 April 2020.
All affected delegates, speakers and sponsors have been notified with more information and the next steps. We will continue to keep delegates fully informed in the coming days and let you know how to claim a refund. Please bear with us whilst we work through the necessary steps.
During the outbreak we will be doing what we can to support our members and would welcome your thoughts on how best we could help you.
Who is the course for?
The course is designed for established equine vets with an interest in developing orthopaedic ultrasound techniques.
About the Course
Professor Jean-Marie Denoix of the
CIRALE (Centre of Imaging and Research on Equine Locomotor Affections) in Normandy is considered the world’s foremost equine
musculoskeletal system anatomist aswell as a leading equine diagnostic ultrasonographer and lameness diagnostician. This practical one day course, led by Professor Denoix, will include live demonstrations of the ultrasonographic anatomy of the equine neck, back, pelvis and stifle in normal horses, with discussion of the diagnostic features of common clinical conditions affecting these areas. For the afternoon practical sessions, delegates will be divided into small groups to allow hands-on ultrasound imaging of live horses. There will also be opportunities to practise ultrasound-guided injections using cadaver material.
Key Learning Objectives
- Understand the normal ultrasonographic and functional anatomy of the neck, back, pelvis and stifle
- Acquire practical skills in the ultrasonographic evaluation and appreciation of
the normal ultrasonographic anatomy of these areas
- Understand the important pathological changes affecting these areas that can
cause clinical signs of lameness, poor performance, ataxia, etc
- Understand the value and limitations of ultrasonography to diagnose diseases
and injuries of these areas
- Acquire practical skills and appreciation of the ultrasonographic evaluation of
diseases and injuries of the neck, back, pelvis and stifle
- Acquire practical skills in the ultrasound-guided centesis / injection of the
synovial cavities of the neck and back
- Tim Mair, BVSc PhD DEIM DESTS DipECEIM AssocECDVI FRCVS
- Ceri Sherlock, BVetMed MS MVetMed DipACVS-LA DipECVDI-LA MRCVS
Ceri Sherlock, BVetMed MS MVetMed DipACVS-LA DipECVDI-LA MRCVS
- Professor Jean-Marie Denoix, DVM PhD AssocECVDI DACVSMR Cert.ISELP
- BEVA members £395
- Non members £790
Full Course Programme
Kindly sponsored by
Note: only online payments are accepted when booking via the website. If you do not wish to pay online please contact the office on 01638 723555
Terms & Conditions
- Cancellation more than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: A refund will be made less a 10% administrative charge.
- Cancellation less than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: No refunds can be guaranteed, but if BEVA can resell the place a refund will be made less a 20% administrative charge.
- Transfer of Delegate: Booked places can be transferred to another person. If the transferee is not a BEVA Member he/she will be liable for the difference between the Member and Non-Member delegate rates.
- Insurance: All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Safety: Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- Data Protection: I understand that BEVA may pass my details to the organisers or sponsors of the courses unless I have specified otherwise.
- Compliance: I am a qualified to undertake the procedures being taught, or I am in training for such a qualification, in which case I will make the organisers aware of my status.
By registering for this event, I confirm that I accept the above terms and conditions.