POSTPONED - Fundamentals of the Skin, Eyes, Medicines and Difficult Moments
16 Jul 2020 08:30 - 17:00
The Barn at Berkeley,
Coronavirus COVID-19 Update
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic we are unable to run our normal CPD programme. This mean our Fundamentals of the Skin, Eyes, Medicine and Difficult Moments will not take place on 16th July 2020.
All affected delegates, speakers and sponsors have been notified with more information and the next steps. The lecture element of this course will still take place online and we are postponing the practical component until 2021 (date to be confirmed).
To see the latest update regarding BEVA CPD please see our Coronavirus page.
Who is the course for?
The course is designed for young vets, it is part of our
Fundamentals programme. It would also be suitable for those who want to refresh their knowledge.
About the Course
A day discussing the common ophthalmic and dermatologic conditions seen in general practice. Emphasis will be on using history and clinical examination to help determine the best diagnostic approach. Practical sessions will be used to consolidate this approach. We will also discuss those ‘tricky situations’ that come up in equine practice.
Key Learning Objectives
- Refresh your knowledge on common ocular and dermatologic disorders.
- Confidently be able to perform an ophthalmic and dermatologic examination.
- Learn key practical skills in dermatology and ophthalmology.
- Refresh common ocular and dermatologic therapeutics.
- Develop tools to help manage difficult situations in practice.
| ||Excellent course. Well balanced content. Excellent refreshments and location. First rate speakers. Took away stuff that I can use in everyday practise.|
- 2019 Delegate
This course has pre-learning which takes place on the online learning platform two weeks before the practical day.
- Imogen Johns BVSc Dip ACVIM FHEA MRCVS
- Brian Patterson BVM&S Cert VOphthal MRCVS, Gloucestershire
- Alex Wood BVetMed CertAVP(EM) MRCVS, Gloucesterhire
- Carolyne Crowe BSc(Hons) BVetMed(Hons) MSc MRCVS Dip Coaching Dip Stress Management and Wellbeing, Gloucestershire
- Imogen Johns BVSc Dip ACVIM FHEA MRCVS, Gloucestershire
- BEVA members £260
- Non members £520
Full Course Programme
Please be reminded of biosecurity requirements at BEVA CPD events, these can be viewed here.
Note: only online payments are accepted when booking via the website. If you do not wish to pay online please contact the office on 01638 723555
Terms & Conditions
- Cancellation more than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: A refund will be made less a 10% administrative charge.
- Cancellation less than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: No refunds can be guaranteed, but if BEVA can resell the place a refund will be made less a 20% administrative charge.
- Transfer of Delegate: Booked places can be transferred to another person. If the transferee is not a BEVA Member he/she will be liable for the difference between the Member and Non-Member delegate rates.
- Insurance: All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Safety: Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- Data Protection: I understand that BEVA may pass my details to the organisers or sponsors of the courses unless I have specified otherwise.
- Compliance: I am a qualified to undertake the procedures being taught, or I am in training for such a qualification, in which case I will make the organisers aware of my status.
By registering for this event, I confirm that I accept the above terms and conditions.