Interactive Cardiology Workshop
07 Nov 2019 09:00 - 17:30
The sessions will focus on clinical pathophysiology of equine heart disease with a “how to” session on echocardiographic measurements. Interactive cases will focus on sounds and murmurs commonly encountered in practice and echocardiography case discussion. We will also cover diagnosing arrhythmias during and after exercise, including an interactive ECG reading session. The course will be concluded with a session on novel technologies and their use in daily clinical practice.
This workshop precedes the 2019 Autumn meeting of the Veterinary Cardiovascular Society (VCS). All BEVA members will be able to register for 1 or 2 days of the VCS autumn meeting for the same rate as their own members. This year there will be a comparative theme involving small animal, medical and equine clinicians. This promises to stimulate lots of thought and discussion, leading into the social annual dinner, to which BEVA members are also cordially invited.
BEVA Members £175
VCS members can attend this meeting at the BEVA Member rate. Please call the BEVA office to book
• Refresh the pathophysiology behind cardiac disease
• Revise heart sounds and their significance
• Gain confidence interpreting murmurs, arrhythmias and ECGs
• Learn how to use new diagnostic technology available in equine practice
• Discussion of equine cardiology with specialist clinicians
Aimed at established vets, suitable for RCVS modules B-EP3, C-E2 and C-E16
Terms and conditions:
- Cancellation more than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: A refund will be made less a 10% administrative charge.
- Cancellation less than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: No refunds can be guaranteed, but if BEVA can resell the place a refund will be made less a 20% administrative charge.
- Transfer of Delegate: Booked places can be transferred to another person. If the transferee is not a BEVA Member he/she will be liable for the difference between the Member and Non-Member delegate rates.
- Insurance: All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Safety: Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- Data Protection: I understand that BEVA may pass my details to the organisers or sponsors of the courses unless I have specified otherwise.
- Compliance: I am a qualified to undertake the procedures being taught, or I am in training for such a qualification, in which case I will make the organisers aware of my status.
By registering for this event, I confirm that I accept the above terms and conditions.