Sedation, Field Anaesthesia and Castrations Fundamentals
17 Apr 2018 09:00 - 17:00
Three Counties Equine Hospital LLP,
A very practical 'hands on' course designed for new or recent graduates or those in mixed practice with varied levels of equine work. The course will cover sedation and field anaesthesia required for common field surgery such as castration both in theory and in a practical session. Nerve blocks and regional anaesthesia for other common procedures will also be covered on cadavers.
BEVA Member £240
Please note, this course forms part of the Fundamentals of Equine Practice series of courses. For further information or to register for this course as part of this series please contact the BEVA office.
Key Learning Objectives:
• Develop an understanding of field anaesthesia
• Refresh/update your knowledge on different sedative drug regimens and doses
• Enhance/learn practical skills in field anaesthesia and open castration.
• Confidently be able to identify the required anatomy for open castration.
• Be aware of complications and ways to minimise their risk and treat them.
• Review/learn other common local anaesthetic techniques.
Suitable for RCVS Modules:
Content relating to CE15 and CVA2 will be covered, though please note this is a new or recent graduate level course.
Andrew Harrison BVSc CertEP CertVA MRCVS Gloucestershire
Andrew Harrison BVSc CertEP CertVA MRCVS - Gloucestershire
Mark Senior BVSc CertVA DipECVAA PhD MRCVS - Liverpool
Note: only online payments are accepted when booking via the website. If you do not wish to pay online please contact the office on 01638 723555
Terms & Conditions
- Cancellation more than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: A refund will be made less a 10% administrative charge.
- Cancellation less than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: No refunds can be guaranteed, but if BEVA can resell the place a refund will be made less a 20% administrative charge.
- Transfer of Delegate: Booked places can be transferred to another person. If the transferee is not a BEVA Member he/she will be liable for the difference between the Member and Non-Member delegate rates.
- Insurance: All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Safety: Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- Data Protection: I understand that BEVA may pass my details to the organisers or sponsors of the courses unless I have specified otherwise.
- Compliance: I am a qualified to undertake the procedures being taught, or I am in training for such a qualification, in which case I will make the organisers aware of my status.
By registering for this event, I confirm that I accept the above terms and conditions.