FULLY BOOKED: Fundamentals of Lameness, Laminitis and Farriery
25 Apr 2024
08:45 - 16:30
The Horse Trust,
This course is now fully booked. To be added to the waiting list and contacted if a space becomes available, please complete our short form below.
Add to Waiting List
There are still spaces available for this course on the following dates:
13/06/2024: Click here to book
04/07/2024: Click here to book
Online & practical
8+ CPD hours
About the course
Our Fundamentals of Lameness, Laminitis & Farriery combines online learning and a practical day to provide you with a unique opportunity to understand the most common lower limb diseases, undertake lameness investigations and perform common nerve and joint blocks under the guidance of leading experts.
Before attending the practical day, you will have access to seven online lectures. Your lectures will cover when to refer a lameness case, insurance, diagnosis and management of acute and chronic laminitis, osteoarthritis, remedial shoeing, common diseases of the lower limbs and the assessment of back and pelvis problems.
The practical day will give you the opportunity to practice what you learnt online. You will perform lameness investigations on live horses, undertake shoe removal as well as lower limb nerve blocks and intra-articular blocks. The day will also benefit from case scenarios and discussion.
The online learning will be available to access at least three weeks before the practical and available for up to 12 months afterwards.
What will I learn?
By the end of the course you will...
1. Have a basic approach to lameness, assessment of back and pelvis problems and remedial farriery
2. Have updated your knowledge on acute and chronic laminitis
3. Be able to perform nerve and joint blocks of the lower limb
4. Be able to confidently identify when to refer a lameness and to be able to recognise indications for referral for advanced imaging
5. Have refreshed your knowledge on common diseases of the lower limb
Very useful, well run, friendly & easy to ask questions
- previous Fundamentals of Lameness, Laminitis and Farriery delegate
Course Organiser: Dr Evita Busschers DVM MVR FHEA DACVS DECVS DACVSMR MRCVS
Dr Alison Fairburn BVSc DipECVDI-LA MRCVS
Edd Knowles MA VetMB MVetMed DipECEIM MRCVS RCVS (online only)
Nicola Housby-Skeggs BVetMed CertAVP(ESO) MRCVS
Vet member: £330
Non member: £660
This course is sponsored by
- If you book a place on a BEVA CPD course and are unable to attend due to any Covid-19 related issue you will receive a credit for the amount you paid. This credit can be used for any BEVA CPD and will be valid for a year from the date of issue. Please contact us as soon as possible if you are unable to attend a course.
- If BEVA are required to cancel or postpone a course for any reason, you can opt to receive a full refund or receive a credit for a future BEVA CPD course (valid for a year from the date of issue).
- A full refund will be made, less a 10% administration charge, if cancellation is more than 6 weeks before the start of the course
- A refund cannot be guaranteed if cancellation is less than 6 weeks before the start of the course. A refund will be made if BEVA can resell the place, less a 20% administration charge.
- Booked places can be transferred to another person free of charge. If the transferee is not a BEVA member they will be liable for the difference between the member and non-member rate.
- All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- BEVA may pass contact details of delegates to the organisers or sponsors of the course unless the delegate has specified otherwise.
- All delegates self-certify that they are a qualified veterinary surgeon or veterinary nurse and qualified to undertake the procedures being taught. Where the delegate is in training for such a qualification BEVA must be made aware of their training status at the time of booking.
By registering for this event, you accept the above terms and conditions.