FULLY BOOKED: BEVA Approved: Rossdales Foal Care Course
17 Jan 2024 08:15 - 16:45
British Racing School,
About the Course
The 11th Rossdales Foal Care Course will follow the same successful format as previous courses with lectures and case discussions.
The programme has been designed by Emily Floyd, Rossdales Clinical Director and specialist foal care clinician. The course will cover a wide spectrum of neonatal conditions. All levels of neonatal care will be discussed, from advanced hospital medicine to foal management in ambulatory practice. The course is aimed at all veterinary surgeons with a particular interest in equine neonatal medicine.
Speakers will include internationally recognised foal care experts Peter Morresey (Rood & Riddle, Kentucky, USA), Niamh Collins (Scone Equine Hospital, Australia) Ramiro Toribio (Ohio State University, USA), Mathijs Theelen (Universiteit Utrecht, The Netherlands) Emily Floyd (Rossdales Equine Hospital), Charlotte Easton-Jones (Rossdales Equine Hospital), Camilla Scott (Rossdales Veterinary Surgeons), Catriona Mackenzie (Rossdales Equine Hospital) and Caroline Ribbonet (Rossdales Equine Hospital), as well as specialist equine surgeon Abigail Kent (Rossdales Equine Hospital) and specialist in anaesthesia and critical care Claudia Gittel (Rossdales Equine Hospital).
What will I learn?
By the end of the course you will...
1. Have improved knowledge of equine foetal problems in utero, including ultrasound and ECG and monitoring and treatment of late pregnant mare to maintain foetal health
2. Have improved knowledge of resuscitation and evaluation of the equine neonate
3. Have increased your knowledge of equine neonatal maladjustment syndrome and endocrine dysfunction
4. Have increased your knowledge of sepsis, septic arthritis and the use of antimicrobials
5. Have greater understanding of the use of fluid therapy and foal-supportive care
6. Have increased your knowledge of the diagnosis of foal renal disease and uroperitoneum
7. Have increased your knowledge of evaluation and treatment of foal diarrhoea and colic and enteral and parenteral nutrition
8. Have greater knowledge of foal respiratory disease and techniques to provide respiratory support
9. Have improved knowledge of foal analgesia and pain assessment
Suitable for RCVS Modules
B-EP.3, C-E.3, C-E.9, C-E.11
Course Organiser: Emily Floyd BVSc DipACVIM MRCVS
Niamh Collins MVB MSc Cert EM DipECEIM
Charlotte Easton-Jones VetMB MA DipACVIM MRCVS
Claudia S. Gittel DrMedVet DipECVAA MRCVS
Abigail V. Kent BVetMed DipACVS MRCVS
Catriona J. Mackenzie BVMS MSc CertAVP(EM) DipECEIM MRCVS
Peter Morresey BVSc MVM MACVSc DipACT ACVIM CVA
Caroline Ribbonet MVetMed DipECEIM MRCVS
Camilla J. Scott BVetMed CertAVP(ESM) DACT MRCVS
Mathijs J. P. Theelen DVM PhD Dipl.ECEIM
Ramiro Toribio DVM MS PhD DipACVIM
BEVA Member - £1,000.00 + VAT (£200.00) = £1,200.00
Non Member - £1,250.00 + VAT (£250.00) = £1,500.00
This course is sponsored by
Terms and conditions
Please visit the Rossdales website for Terms and Conditions.