Imaging, Not Imagining - Image Acquisition and Appraisal
30 Nov 2023 18:00 - 20:00
Online bookings for this course have now closed. If you would like to book a place on this course, please call us on +44 (0)1638 723555.
6 CPD hours
About the course
This is a new course designed and taught by nurses who spend a huge amount of time imaging horses.
Full of top tips and tricks, it will highlight the common pitfalls and bad habits we fall into and remind you what we can all aim for, both in the clinic and in the field.
Cassie Woods, who is regularly imaging horses on yards and is aware of the challenges of working in yard environments will be speaking, along with Anthony Hall and Rosina Lillywhite who are very experienced at imaging in the clinic setting. Maty Looijen, Gabriel Manso-Díaz and Suzy Hall; specialist vets involved with image interpretation and teaching how to image horses will also be providing lecture content.
This course is a must for anyone who has been frustrated by not quite perfect lateromedials or off-angle distal tarsal joints.
During the day, speakers will also touch upon the advances in diagnostic imaging and where the future may be heading.
This course is an online course and provides three live sessions that will take place on Thursday 12 October 2023, Thursday 2 November 2023 and Thursday 30 November 2023. All of the live sessions will be available on demand for 12 months.
What will I learn?
By the end of the course you will...
1. Feel more confident in positioning for standard veterinary views, without vet supervision
2. Be able to reduce the incidence of acquisition of non-diagnostic, or suboptimal views therefore increasing speed and efficiency of imaging
3. Be able to identify non-diagnostic images and correct any problems to get a diagnostic image next time
4. Have the ability to formulate a plan to take a set of diagnostic radiography images
5. Feel confident in your practical application and understanding of radiation safety in the field and clinic
Course Organiser: Anthony Hall BSc (Hons) RVN
Rosina Lillywhite IQA REVN CertEd
Suzy Hall BVetMed CertAVP (VDI) MRCVS
Maty Georgette Pety Looijen MRCVS
Gabriel Manso-Díaz DVM MSc PhD DipECVDI MRCVS
Cassie Woods BSc (Hons) RVN
BEVA Member: £99
Non member: £198
Terms and conditions
- If you book a place on a BEVA CPD course and are unable to attend due to any Covid-19 related issue you will receive a credit for the amount you paid. This credit can be used for any BEVA CPD and will be valid for a year from the date of issue. Please contact us as soon as possible if you are unable to attend a course.
- If BEVA are required to cancel or postpone a course for any reason, you can opt to receive a full refund or receive a credit for a future BEVA CPD course (valid for a year from the date of issue).
- A full refund will be made, less a 10% administration charge, if cancellation is more than 6 weeks before the start of the course
- A refund cannot be guaranteed if cancellation is less than 6 weeks before the start of the course. A refund will be made if BEVA can resell the place, less a 20% administration charge.
- Booked places can be transferred to another person free of charge. If the transferee is not a BEVA member they will be liable for the difference between the member and non-member rate.
- All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- BEVA may pass contact details of delegates to the organisers or sponsors of the course unless the delegate has specified otherwise.
- All delegates self-certify that they are a qualified veterinary surgeon or veterinary nurse and qualified to undertake the procedures being taught. Where the delegate is in training for such a qualification BEVA must be made aware of their training status at the time of booking.
By registering for this event, you accept the above terms and conditions.