Innovation in Practice - A New Opportunity for Vets in Practice
06 Dec 2023 16:00 - 22:00
6 CPD hours
About the course
This course will be split into two online sessions. The first session will cover the research and innovation possibilities available within general practice and how this can fit into normal practice life, ranging from part-time research programmes leading to specific qualifications, to small projects that can enhance their practice’s productivity and efficiency.
Following on from this, a specialist from an international accountancy firm will review the government-run incentive schemes that are ideally suited to provide financial support for these activities.
The second session will focus on a key example of in-house data collection which is increasingly being considered important, namely clinical audit. The session will cover strategies for setting up and running clinical audits within general practice and how they can contribute to practice productivity and efficiency.
What will I learn?
By the end of the course you will...
1. Understand how to incorporate research and development into clinical practice and ways of doing this.
2. Be able to develop a research portfolio within general practice.
3. Know how to obtain funding to support research and development activities.
4. Understand what a clinical audit is and what it means to in real life terms.
5. Be able to understand how to incorporate clinical audit into your routine clinical practice.
Course Organiser: Andrew Crawford BVetMed Cert ES (Orth) DipECVS MRCVS
Course Organiser: Roger Smith MA, VetMB, PhD, DEO, DipECVSMR, DipECVS FRCVS
Course Organiser: Victoria South MA Vet MB CertAVP(EM) DipECEIM MRCVS
Sally Gunnell OBE
Celia Marr BVMS MVM PhD DEIM DipECEIM FRCVS
Nichola Steel CertAVP(EM) MScVPS MRCVS
Rachel Tucker BVetMed CertAVP(ESO) BSc DipECVS MRCVS
Vet member: £89
Nurse member: £50
Non member: £178
Terms and conditions
- If you book a place on a BEVA CPD course and are unable to attend due to any Covid-19 related issue you will receive a credit for the amount you paid. This credit can be used for any BEVA CPD and will be valid for a year from the date of issue. Please contact us as soon as possible if you are unable to attend a course.
- If BEVA are required to cancel or postpone a course for any reason, you can opt to receive a full refund or receive a credit for a future BEVA CPD course (valid for a year from the date of issue).
- A full refund will be made, less a 10% administration charge, if cancellation is more than 6 weeks before the start of the course
- A refund cannot be guaranteed if cancellation is less than 6 weeks before the start of the course. A refund will be made if BEVA can resell the place, less a 20% administration charge.
- Booked places can be transferred to another person free of charge. If the transferee is not a BEVA member they will be liable for the difference between the member and non-member rate.
- All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- BEVA may pass contact details of delegates to the organisers or sponsors of the course unless the delegate has specified otherwise.
- All delegates self-certify that they are a qualified veterinary surgeon or veterinary nurse and qualified to undertake the procedures being taught. Where the delegate is in training for such a qualification BEVA must be made aware of their training status at the time of booking.
By registering for this event, you accept the above terms and conditions.