Fundamentals of Dentistry
25 Nov 2023 08:00 - 18:00
Online bookings for this course have now closed. If you would like to book a place on this course, please call us on +44 (0)1638 723555.
Online & practical
7+ CPD hours
About the course
This one-day course caters for recently graduated vets and comprises pre-learning lectures, live-horse practicals and panel discussions with some of the leading clinicians in the field of equine dentistry.
The lectures cover clinical anatomy, physiology, and routine disorders of equine cheek teeth. The small group practical classes will guide you in the practice of thorough oral examination and routine floating of teeth with modern equipment. There will be a range of dental equipment available to use, and on display for purchase from our sponsors. However, you are encouraged to bring their own equipment for use in the practical’s and be guided in their use by the tutors.
What will I learn?
By the end of the course you will...
1. Have gained theoretical knowledge and practical experience with a range of dental instruments.
2. Be able to recognise common dental disorders encountered in general practice.
3. Have gained theoretical and practical skills in routine equine dental care.
4. Understand the clinical anatomy & physiology of the equine mouth and teeth.
From attending this course I am much more confident in my dental techniques.
- previous course delegate
Course Organiser: Tim Barnett BSc(Hons) BVM&S MSc CertAVP DipECVS DipEVDC-Eq MRCVS
Nicky Brooks MA VetMB CertAVP(EP) BAEDT MRCVS
Mark Grant MA VetMB BSc PhD CertAVP(ED) BAEDT MRCVS
Karl Holliman BVM&S CertEP AVP MRCVS
James Marshall MA VetMB CertAVP MRCVS
Tom McGinley BVMS Cert AVP (Equine Dentistry) MRCVS
Matteo Mucciante DVM CertAVP(ED) MRCVS
Rob Pascoe BVSc BAEDT DipAVDC(Eq) BAEDT MRCVS
Richard Reardon BVetMed (hons) MVM PhD CertES (Orth) MRCVS Dip ECVS DipEVDC-Eq (online only)
Amy Reynolds BVetMed CertAVP(Equine Dentistry) BAEDT MRCVS (online only)
Neil Townsend MSc BVSc Cert ES (Soft Tissue) DipECVS DipEVDC (Equine) MRCVS Equine Dentistry (online only)
Christopher Welsh BVM&S CertAVP(EL) Cert AVP(ED) MRCVS
Vet member: £330
Non member: £660
This course is sponsored by
Terms and conditions
- If you book a place on a BEVA CPD course and are unable to attend due to any Covid-19 related issue you will receive a credit for the amount you paid. This credit can be used for any BEVA CPD and will be valid for a year from the date of issue. Please contact us as soon as possible if you are unable to attend a course.
- If BEVA are required to cancel or postpone a course for any reason, you can opt to receive a full refund or receive a credit for a future BEVA CPD course (valid for a year from the date of issue).
- A full refund will be made, less a 10% administration charge, if cancellation is more than 6 weeks before the start of the course
- A refund cannot be guaranteed if cancellation is less than 6 weeks before the start of the course. A refund will be made if BEVA can resell the place, less a 20% administration charge.
- Booked places can be transferred to another person free of charge. If the transferee is not a BEVA member they will be liable for the difference between the member and non-member rate.
- All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- BEVA may pass contact details of delegates to the organisers or sponsors of the course unless the delegate has specified otherwise.
- All delegates self-certify that they are a qualified veterinary surgeon or veterinary nurse and qualified to undertake the procedures being taught. Where the delegate is in training for such a qualification BEVA must be made aware of their training status at the time of booking.
By registering for this event, you accept the above terms and conditions.