Interactive Cardiology Workshop
19 Nov 2021 09:00 - 17:30
Who is the course for?
Aimed at established vets or those with a particular interest in cardiology.
About the Course
The morning session will focus on systemic disorders affecting the heart, echocardiography in a critical care setting and interactive discussions on how to improve image quality. In the afternoon, the focus shifts to cardiac therapeutics, sedation and anesthesia in horses with heart disease, and electrocardiography. The course will be concluded with current research updates.
For 2021 only, due to ongoing concerns about COVID-19 and its impact on overseas speakers this course will be run online this year. We look forward to running this as an attended day in the future.
Key Learning Objectives
- Develop your understanding of cardiac pathology
- Learn tips to improve your echocardiography in critical care
- Build confidence in your ability to interpret unusual ECGs
- Confidently select sedatives and GA plans for horses with cardiac disease
- Prof Colin Schwarzwald, Dr med vet, PhD, Dip ACVIM, Dip ECEIM - Zurich
- Prof Gunther van Loon, DVM, PhD, Dip ECEIM, Assoc Member ECVDI - Ghent
- Prof Karen Blissitt, BVSc, PhD, DVA, Dip ECVAA, SFHEA, MRCVS - Edinburgh
- Prof Annelies Decloedt, DVM, PhD - Ghent
- Katharyn Mitchell, BVSc, DVCS, DVM, PhD, Dip ACVIM - Zurich
- Adam Redpath, BVMS(Hons), PGCert(VetMed), MRCVS - Nottingham
- Glenn Van Steenkiste, DVM, PhD - Ghent
- Graham Cole MA BChir MRCP PhD, London
- Member price £110
- VCS Member price £110
- Non Member price £220
VCS Members may attend this meeting at the BEVA Member rate. Please call the Office to book.
Kindly sponsored by
Please note: you are required to make an online payment when booking via the website. If you would like to pay using a different method please contact us on +44 (0) 1638 723 555 or by email at email@example.com.
Terms & Conditions
- Cancellation more than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: A refund will be made less a 10% administrative charge.
- Cancellation less than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: No refunds can be guaranteed, but if BEVA can resell the place a refund will be made less a 20% administrative charge.
- Transfer of Delegate: Booked places can be transferred to another person. If the transferee is not a BEVA Member he/she will be liable for the difference between the Member and Non-Member delegate rates.
- Insurance: All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Safety: Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- Data Protection: I understand that BEVA may pass my details to the organisers or sponsors of the courses unless I have specified otherwise.
- Compliance: I am a qualified to undertake the procedures being taught, or I am in training for such a qualification, in which case I will make the organisers aware of my status.
By registering for this event, I confirm that I accept the above terms and conditions.