Advanced Imaging Discussion Forum
14 Oct 2021 17:00 - 16 Dec 2021 19:00
Bookings will open for this course soon! Be the first to hear by registering your interest.
Who is the course for?
Established veterinary surgeons or nurses with some experience in diagnostic imaging looking to advance their skills further. The course is particular suitable, but not limited, to for those preparing for a relevant certificate or diploma examination.
About the Course
These imaging discussion forums are aimed at members in all aspects of equine veterinary work who want to advance their skills in advanced image reading. Delegates ideally will have a good working knowledge of radiographic interpretation, some experience/knowledge of interpretation of computed tomography and a basic understanding of interpretation of nuclear scintigraphy and MRI. The aim is to create a welcoming and informal case based discussion focusing on the head and axial skeleton. The sessions aim to improve confidence in image interpretation of selected conditions. The sessions also aim to provide a greater understanding of the capabilities and limitations of advanced imaging of the areas covered and how this knowledge can optimise management of the cases presented.
The sessions will be held as three standalone evenings. Delegates will be provided with 5-6 cases in advance of each evening to evaluate and allow prior preparation. During the sessions the speaker will lead delegates through image reading of the cases and how this applies to the clinical case management. There will be particular emphasis on discussion and the value and limitations of the imaging modalities used
- Session One: The Head - 14 October 2021
- Session Two: The Cervical and Thoracic Spine - 18 November 2021
- Session Three: The Lumbar and Pelvis Region - 16 December 2021
Key Learning Objectives
- Develop your image reading skills
- Enhance your knowledge of pathology of the areas of the head, neck and lumbar spine and pelvis
- Learn how to apply description of image findings to your overall imaging diagnosis and case management.
- Build confidence in your ability to tackle advanced imaging reading.
- Alison Talbot BVM&S, CertEP, CertES(Orth), Dip ACVSMR, FHEA, MRCVS
- Neil Townsend
- Dave Stack
- Jonathon Dixon
- Member price TBC
- Non Member price TBC
- The course will be made available here soon.
Kindly sponsored by
Please note: you are required to make an online payment when booking via the website. If you would like to pay using a different method please contact us on +44 (0) 1638 723 555 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms & Conditions
- Cancellation more than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: A refund will be made less a 10% administrative charge.
- Cancellation less than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: No refunds can be guaranteed, but if BEVA can resell the place a refund will be made less a 20% administrative charge.
- Transfer of Delegate: Booked places can be transferred to another person. If the transferee is not a BEVA Member he/she will be liable for the difference between the Member and Non-Member delegate rates.
- Insurance: All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Safety: Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- Data Protection: I understand that BEVA may pass my details to the organisers or sponsors of the courses unless I have specified otherwise.
- Compliance: I am a qualified to undertake the procedures being taught, or I am in training for such a qualification, in which case I will make the organisers aware of my status.
By registering for this event, I confirm that I accept the above terms and conditions.