The VMD has today released its June medicines update containing the following updates for equine treatments.
The below is a new product authorised for use in horses:
- Eqvalan Gold, oral paste (Ivermectin, Praziquantel) - Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health UK Ltd.
The following are changes to equine products:
- Alonate-P 400 mg/g oral paste for horses and ponies(Pyrantel embonate) - Bimeda Animal Health Limited
- Section 4.6 of the SPC has been amended to read; ‘Impaction of the small intestine may occur very rarely, in foals infected with high numbers of Parascaris equorum. Symptoms (colic) may be seen as soon as 30 minutes after treatment.’
- Cronyxin Injection, 5% w/v solution for injection (Flunixin) - Bimeda Animal Health Limited. Authorised for use in cattle and horses.
- Removal of the excipient Diethanolamine (DEA) from the finished product formulation and replacement with the alternative pH adjuster Sodium hydroxide 10%.
The full June update can be accessed here.