Advanced Theoretical Equine Dental Technicians Course - Day 2 Only
17 Aug 2019 08:30 - 17:15
This course is aimed at veterinarians and the more experienced EDT who wishes to sit the BEVA/BVDA EDT examination in the future. The course is offered as blended learning with introductory material provided online. Lectures with will cover all the theory needed for the theory section of the EDT Exam. At the end of day two the EDT exam will be discussed in detail highlighting the reasons for previous exam failures. Comprehensive notes are included in the course fee, which are essential reading when preparing to sit the EDT exam.
Day 2 only is just available for BEVA Members to book. However, some vets have attended day 1 in the past and reported that it was beneficial. Course notes will only be provided for the day(s) that a delegate attends.
Key Learning Objectives:
• Understand the depth of knowledge required to pass the BEVA/BVDA exam
• Understand equine dental anatomy in the context of the whole horse
• Understand the basics of equine digestive physiology and nutrition in relation to equine dental care
• Understand the basic health care needs and common diseases of the horse
• Understand the beneficial and pathogenic roles of microbes and their control.
• Understand equine dental diagnostic techniques
• Understand the appropriate equine dental procedures to be undertaken by an equine dental technician
• Understand evidence based medicine and its application to equine dental care
• Understand the UK legislation that applies to equine dental procedures
• Understand how to work as part of the veterinary care team in the provision of equine dental care
• Understand the common reasons for failing the BEVA/BVDA exam
Rob Pascoe BVSc BAEDT DipAVDC-Eq MRCVS - Kent
Amy Taylor MRVCS BAEDT - Dorset
Rob Pascoe BVSc DipAVDC-Eq MRCVS, RCVS Recognised Specialist in Veterinary Dentistry (Equine)- Kent
Jess Hughes BSc BAEDT - Wales
Jurys Inn Hotel, 245 Broad Street, Birmingham B1 2HQ
£225 BEVA Members Only
Terms and conditions:
- Cancellation more than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: A refund will be made less a 10% administrative charge.
- Cancellation less than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: No refunds can be guaranteed, but if BEVA can resell the place a refund will be made less a 20% administrative charge.
- Transfer of Delegate: Booked places can be transferred to another person. If the transferee is not a BEVA Member he/she will be liable for the difference between the Member and Non-Member delegate rates.
- Insurance: All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Safety: Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- Data Protection: I understand that BEVA may pass my details to the organisers or sponsors of the courses unless I have specified otherwise.
- Compliance: I am a qualified to undertake the procedures being taught, or I am in training for such a qualification, in which case I will make the organisers aware of my status.
By registering for this event, I confirm that I accept the above terms and conditions.
Kindly sponsored by