Fundamentals of Radiography & Ultrasound
21 Jun 2019 08:45 - 18:00
Rossdales Equine Hospital and Diagnostic Centre,
A day discussing the radiography and ultrasound skills deemed essential for any vet seeing horses in general practice. Pre-course online learning will allow for emphasis on the day to be placed on the practical skills required and panel discussions. There will be both theory and practical teaching on the basics of radiography, how to take good radiographs and how to interpret them. The same format will be provided for ultrasound of the distal limb in the field. There will also be theory and discussion on when advanced imaging is indicated, which should give practitioners the confidence to refer appropriately for modalities such as MRI and CT.
Please read and adhere to the BEVA Biosecurity Instructions for Practical Courses, which can be found here.
Rossdales Equine Hospital & Diagnostic Centre,
Cotton End Road,
BEVA Members £240
KEY LEARNING OBJECTIVES
• Develop an understanding of radiography and ultrasonography, how to get the most out of your equipment and how to correct common mistakes in the field.
• Enhance your practical skills in achieving the best diagnostic quality images possible.
• Refresh and update your knowledge on interpreting normal and abnormal findings on radiographs and ultrasound images, including identification of artefacts.
• Confidently recognise which diagnostic imaging modalities are appropriate and when.
• Applying what has been learnt to real case situations and discussing different approaches to cases.
PRE-COURSE LEARNING WEBINARS
How to get the best out of your X-ray equipment - Lucy Grieve
The physics of ultrasound and relating it to practice – Hannah Yeates
Setting up your ultrasound machine and commonly encountered artefacts – Hannah Yeates
Lucy Grieve MA VetMB MRCVS, Suffolk
Sarah Boys Smith MA VetMB CertES(Orth) DipECVS Dip ACVSMR MRCVS, Suffolk
Lucy Grieve MA VetMB MRCVS, Suffolk
Josie Meehan - Radiography Practical, Suffolk
Rhiannon Morgan BSc BVSc CertAVP PhD MRCVS, Hertfordshire
Ceri Sherlock BVetMed (Hons) MS MVetMed DipACVS-LA DipECVDI-LA DECVS MRCVS, Kent
SUITABLE FOR RCVS MODULES
This program is aimed at those starting their careers in equine work, but will cover material in the following modules: B-EP.3, C-E.6, C-E.15
Kindly Sponsored by:
Note: only online payments are accepted when booking via the website. If you do not wish to pay online please contact the office on 01638 723555
Terms & Conditions
- Cancellation more than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: A refund will be made less a 10% administrative charge.
- Cancellation less than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: No refunds can be guaranteed, but if BEVA can resell the place a refund will be made less a 20% administrative charge.
- Transfer of Delegate: Booked places can be transferred to another person. If the transferee is not a BEVA Member he/she will be liable for the difference between the Member and Non-Member delegate rates.
- Insurance: All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Safety: Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- Data Protection: I understand that BEVA may pass my details to the organisers or sponsors of the courses unless I have specified otherwise.
- Compliance: I am a qualified to undertake the procedures being taught, or I am in training for such a qualification, in which case I will make the organisers aware of my status.
By registering for this event, I confirm that I accept the above terms and conditions.