Fundamentals of Dentistry
18 Apr 2019 09:00 - 17:30
This course is aimed at mixed and equine only practitioners of all levels of experience. The day revolves around the treatment of live patients with a balance of Veterinary Surgeons and highly experienced Equine Dental Technicians leading the teaching.
Small group practicals will allow all delegates to perform full dental treatments under the guidance of the course tutors. This course is aimed at practitioners (regardless of their experience) looking to improve their knowledge and practical skills in the use of motorised dental equipment for routine rasping.
Avon Riding Centre, Kingsweston Road,
Henbury, Bristol, BS10 7QT
BEVA Members £240
KEY LEARNING OBJECTIVES
• Refresh your knowledge of the normal equine mouth and the common pathology found within the oral cavity
• Update your knowledge of the maintenance of the modern motorised dental units and their safe use
• Develop an effective method of oral examination
• Be confident in your approach to the routine motorised rasping of the horse’s teeth
• Improve your technique using motorised equipment to correct more advanced pathology
am Bescoby BVSc CertAVP(ESO)(EP)(ED) FHEA BAEDT MRCVS, Bristol
Sam Bescoby BVSc CertAVP(ESO)(EP)(ED) FHEA BAEDT MRCVS, Bristol
Toby Lee BAEDT, Somerset
Rob Pascoe BVSc DipAVDC BAEDT MRCVS, Kent
Pete Ravenhill BVSc CertEM(StudMed) BAEDT MRCVS, Gloucestershire
Neil Townsend MSc BVSc Cert ES (Soft Tissue) DipECVS DipEVDC (Equine) MRCVS, Worcestershire
Henry Tremaine BVetMed, MPhil, CertES, Dip.ECVS, Dip EVDC, MRCVS, Gloucestershire
SUITABLE FOR RCVS MODULES
E-12, CE-13 and those considering undertaking the BEVA/BVDA Equine Dental Technicians exam.
Terms and conditions:
- Cancellation more than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: A refund will be made less a 10% administrative charge.
- Cancellation less than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: No refunds can be guaranteed, but if BEVA can resell the place a refund will be made less a 20% administrative charge.
- Transfer of Delegate: Booked places can be transferred to another person. If the transferee is not a BEVA Member he/she will be liable for the difference between the Member and Non-Member delegate rates.
- Insurance: All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Safety: Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- Data Protection: I understand that BEVA may pass my details to the organisers or sponsors of the courses unless I have specified otherwise.
- Compliance: I am a qualified to undertake the procedures being taught, or I am in training for such a qualification, in which case I will make the organisers aware of my status.
By registering for this event, I confirm that I accept the above terms and conditions.