Fundamentals of the Mare and Foal
05 Feb 2019 09:45 - 17:00
This course is now full, please contact the BEVA Office to be added to the wait list - email@example.com
The aim of the course is to ensure that new graduates facing their first stud season are prepared to assess, treat and refer the late pregnant mare and foal.
Lectures will include the late term mare, the post foaling check of the mare and foal, management of the mare and foal including advice to owners on getting foals to suck and nutritional management of the pregnant and lactating mare, foaling, dystocia and post foaling problems and the sick neonate, when to refer and what is possible.
Small group practical sessions will include assessment of the late term mare, assessment of angular and flexural limb deformities and case-based discussion on assessing neonatal and sick foals together with discussions on what to carry in your car.
Twemlows Hall, Whitchurch,
Shropshire. SY13 2EZ
BEVA Members £240
KEY LEARNING OBJECTIVES
• Be prepared for visiting the peri-parturient mare and foal in the coming stud season.
• Refresh your knowledge on the peri-parturient mare and potential complications and assessment.
• Be prepared to attend the foaling or dystocia and develop confidence in dealing with complications.
• Develop an understanding and practical skills in monitoring the late pregnant mare and foetus.
• Learn practical skills in assessing and treating the angular and flexural limb deformity.
• Refresh your knowledge on mare and foal management including getting foals to suck and nutrition of the mare and foal.
• Be able to confidently identify the sick neonate and make decisions on treatment and referral.
John Spencer BVSc MRCVS, Shropshire
SUITABLE FOR RCVS MODULES
C-E.9 Mare Reproduction and Breeding Management; C-E.16 Basic Equine Practice Part 2
Mr Tim Froydenlund MA Vet MB Cert AVP (ESO) DipECVS MRCVS European Specialist in Equine Surgery, Shropshire
Ms Sarah Stoneham BVSc Cert ESM MRCVS Equine Nutritionist, North Yorkshire
Mr John Spencer BVSc MRCVS, Shropshire
Mr Matthew Robin BVSc BSc DipECEIM Cert AVP (EM) M.Phil MRCVS European Specialist in Equine Internal Medicine, Shropshire
Kindly Sponsored By:
Note: only online payments are accepted when booking via the website. If you do not wish to pay online please contact the office on 01638 723555
Terms & Conditions
- Cancellation more than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: A refund will be made less a 10% administrative charge.
- Cancellation less than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: No refunds can be guaranteed, but if BEVA can resell the place a refund will be made less a 20% administrative charge.
- Transfer of Delegate: Booked places can be transferred to another person. If the transferee is not a BEVA Member he/she will be liable for the difference between the Member and Non-Member delegate rates.
- Insurance: All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Safety: Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- Data Protection: I understand that BEVA may pass my details to the organisers or sponsors of the courses unless I have specified otherwise.
- Compliance: I am a qualified to undertake the procedures being taught, or I am in training for such a qualification, in which case I will make the organisers aware of my status.
By registering for this event, I confirm that I accept the above terms and conditions.