Foot and Farriery
05 Nov 2018 10:00 - 06 Nov 2018 15:30
This course aims to cover the diagnosis and treatment of many diseases of the foot. The first day will concentrate on the diagnosis of key conditions of the equine digit that result in performance limiting lameness. Diagnostic tests, including nerve blocks and diagnostic imaging will be covered. A significant portion of the day will be devoted to the assessment of foot balance and farriery. The second day will concentrate on traumatic injuries to the digit and their management, including penetrating injuries and hoof capsule injuries. The lectures will be accompanied by relevant small group practical sessions in which the delegates will gain hands-on experience. The course tutors all welcome interaction with the delegates and view the discussion sessions as vital to the value of the course.
Key Learning Objectives:
• Develop an understanding of the relevance of the anatomy of the equine digit in relation to diagnostic tests, imaging modalities and treatment strategies for lameness arising from the feet.
• Refresh/update your knowledge on diagnostic techniques for the digit (including MRI, farriery techniques to address foot pain and strategies to manage wounds to the hoof capsule).
• Enhance/learn practical skills related to diagnostic anaesthesia and the management of acute and chronic foot pain.
• To enhance delegate’s skills in the management of acute and chronic foot lameness.
• To improve confidence regarding farriery and to improve the ability to interact with the farriery profession to enhance the outcomes for horses with foot pain.
Ellen Singer BA DVM DVSc DipACVS DipECVS MRCVS Wirral
Jane Boswell MA VetMB CertVA CertES(Orth) DipECVS MRCVS Hampshire
Jane Boswell MA VetMB CertVA CertES(Orth) DipECVS MRCVS - Hampshire
Suzy Hall BVetMed CertAVP (VDI) MRCVS - Hampshire
Tom Hughes BA VetMB CertES(Orth) DipECVS MRCVS - Hampshire
Ian Hughes DipWCF - Flintshire
Richard Lovejoy DipWCF, CNBF, CLS, LSHMC, MBBFT - Hampshire
Russell Parker BVSc DipECVS MSc MRCVS - Hampshire
Ellen Singer BA DVM DVSc DipACVS DipECVS MRCVS - Wirral
Terms and conditions:
- Cancellation more than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: A refund will be made less a 10% administrative charge.
- Cancellation less than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: No refunds can be guaranteed, but if BEVA can resell the place a refund will be made less a 20% administrative charge.
- Transfer of Delegate: Booked places can be transferred to another person. If the transferee is not a BEVA Member he/she will be liable for the difference between the Member and Non-Member delegate rates.
- Insurance: All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Safety: Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- Data Protection: I understand that BEVA may pass my details to the organisers or sponsors of the courses unless I have specified otherwise.
- Compliance: I am a qualified to undertake the procedures being taught, or I am in training for such a qualification, in which case I will make the organisers aware of my status.
By registering for this event, I confirm that I accept the above terms and conditions.
Liphook Equine Hospital,
This event is fully booked.
Note: only online payments are accepted when booking via the website. If you do not wish to pay online please contact the office on 01638 723555