Register your interest
This course isn't bookable yet, we are just finalising it. If you would like to be informed when it does become bookable please submit your details below.
Who is the course for?
This course is for equine veterinary nurses.
About the Course
This course will feature a lecture detailing a number of rehabilitation techniques that can be used by equine nurses in practice. General techniques will be discussed along with an evidence base where possible. The application of these techniques to specific cases will be discussed e.g. horses post colic or DSP surgery, recumbent patients and patients with laminitis. Videos will then be presented to demonstrate the techniques being carried out on horses and donkeys. There will be a question-and-answer session at the end.
Key Learning Objectives
- Gain knowledge on general rehabilitation techniques that can be used in practice
- Learn how to apply rehabilitation techniques to specific patients including: horses post DSP or colic surgery, recumbent patients and patients with laminitis.
- Develop an understanding of the evidence behind many rehabilitation techniques.
- Learn how to work side by side with paraprofessionals such as veterinary physiotherapists.
- Tamsyn Amos BSc (Hons), MSc Vet Phys, MCSP, HCPC, ACPAT Cat A. Chartered Physiotherapist and Veterinary Physiotherapist. FEI Permitted Therapist
- Marie Rippingale BSc (Hons), REVN, G-SQP, DipHE CVN, DipAVN (Equine), IQA.
- Member price £35
- Non Member price £70
Please note: you are required to make an online payment when booking via the website. If you would like to pay using a different method please contact us on +44 (0) 1638 723 555 or by email at email@example.com.
Terms & Conditions
- Cancellation more than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: A refund will be made less a 10% administrative charge.
- Cancellation less than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: No refunds can be guaranteed, but if BEVA can resell the place a refund will be made less a 20% administrative charge.
- Transfer of Delegate: Booked places can be transferred to another person. If the transferee is not a BEVA Member he/she will be liable for the difference between the Member and Non-Member delegate rates.
- Insurance: All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Safety: Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- Data Protection: I understand that BEVA may pass my details to the organisers or sponsors of the courses unless I have specified otherwise.
- Compliance: I am a qualified to undertake the procedures being taught, or I am in training for such a qualification, in which case I will make the organisers aware of my status.
By registering for this event, I confirm that I accept the above terms and conditions.