Who are we?
Newnham Court Equine is the only independent 100% equine first opinion practice in Kent and we are really proud of that. We are a 7 vet practice, focused on providing exceptional first-opinion, ambulatory client care over mid Kent. We have a fully equipped clinic with hospital clinician and intern on-site for care of all types of cases, in conjunction with specialists in the fields of orthopaedics, dentistry, cardiology and ophthalmology, and advanced practitioners in the fields of equine internal medicine and soft tissue surgery. We are building a new hospital that will create a great environment to work together.
What’s a typical day like?
We like to all touch base frequently. We don’t like being out all day and never speaking to our team mates. First thing usually involves coffee, discussing inpatients with the interns, nurses and vets, looking through everyone’s day and discussing cases before we all set about work in the clinic or out on the road. Lunch times are sociable. Everyone can work cases up out on the road or in the clinic with support from senior clinicians and qualified nurses, and the end of the day involves a lot of tea/coffee/cake and chatting through cases. We have just shortened our working hours to finish by 5 and try to keep to this as much as possible. If the shit hits the fan, we are the team that steps up to the plate and muck in and get rewarded for doing so. We’ve got each others’ backs. Evening socials are quite common, including monthly learning and growing sessions over dinner and a Gin (or your preferred beverage!)
What are our values?
Our values, which we hope to be yours, are kindness, honesty, continual learning and growing, having fun, huge passion for the coolest job out there, teaching and giving back to the profession and happiness. Of course, exceptional patient and client care is a given.
What skills do we want you to have?
· Like meeting people and talking about their horses
· A passion for being a practising equine vet
· A keenness to learn and grow
· A desire to study for more qualifications and get to use them
· A desire to develop a role within a supportive practice and feel invested in it
What would be the icing on the cake?
· An interest in orthopaedics or dentistry
What do we want you to feel good about?
· We have your back
· Knowing you always have a kind person on the end of the phone at any time should you need it
· Knowing you can choose how you want your career to develop and be given the tools to do that
· The team of receptionists, nurses and vets you work with
· Having the kit to do the best job for the patient and client
· We want you to love coming to work
· A culture of openness, kindness, honesty and integrity
What we don’t want?
· Someone who hates driving around the countryside
· Someone who hates talking to people
· Someone who wants to get the job done as quickly as possible and get out the door
· Someone who doesn’t want to be part of all their team mates learning, teaching, growing and developing
· Someone who doesn’t want to discuss their cases
· Someone who makes really bad coffee
· Someone with a “poor me” attitude
We are really excited about the future as an independently owned equine practice. With this come great challenges. However, we think we have an approach that is compatible with a healthy and mindful work place. We believe strongly that we should look after each other and invest in our training and happiness. The role can involve any working pattern (part/full time), includes private health care, income protection, BEVA/VDS, gym membership, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, 2 days off for each weekend worked and a 1:6 rota. We have been running a very successful intern programme for 6 years and have a buddy system in place for all those questions you hate to ask, but just need to.
Thank you for reading about us. For an informal chat about some of our ideas, culture and vision, call Katie on 07710 442273. To apply, please send a covering letter and CV to Katie Snalune, Newnham Court Equine, Bearsted Road, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 5LH by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date Friday February 22nd 2019.