Thursday, September 19, 2019 - Fiona Williams
Following our elections earlier this month, BEVA are pleased to welcome three new members to our Council. With twenty seats, the Council oversees the direction and strategy of the Association, representing BEVA and its members to the wider world.
Joining us for the coming year are...
- James' expertise lie within the field of reproduction and stud medicine, with his practice specialising in these as well as serving as a busy first opinion clinic providing ambulatory care to clients.
- In the coming year, he hopes to meet the challenges of recruitment and retention "head on in order to look after ourselves and our colleagues". Furthermore, he is particularly interested in continuing professional development and education, exploring the spheres of infectious disease control and biosecurity, and all matters relating to reproduction.
- Roger has previously served two terms on the BEVA Council back in the 1990's, and more recently has served on the Board of Regents of the European College of Veterinary Surgeons, becoming ECVS President in 2017 and Chairman of the Board until July 2019.
- In the coming year he hopes to maintain regular contact with student members and addressing the challenges faced by particularly those just entering the profession. He is keen to use mentorship programmes such as Leg Up to support young (and older) graduates to build their confidence. Roger also hopes to be accessible to members for regular contact and feedback, enabling him to help direct BEVA's efforts on what is important to equine practitioners.
- Alison currently works at the University of Liverpool as a Senior Lecturer in Equine Orthopaedics, standing for Council has been on her "to do" list for a number of years. Alison has been an enthusiastic member of BEVA since our 1997 Congress when she attended as a student steward.
- During her elected year she hopes to also support new vets through education and providing career advice, as well as upholding horse welfare in all sporting activities.
This post was last updated on
Currently rated by 0 people