Congress marks the end of Renate Weller's Presidency and the beginning of Tim Mair's term. Before Tim takes the reins we as them both a few questions.
Renate, what has been your presidential highlight?
This is a really difficult question to answer… I guess the whole year really drove home what a great profession we are.
I know it sounds really cheesy but wherever I went and whoever I spoke to, it is pretty clear that while we may wince and complain about a lot of things we all work towards one common goal which is to help animals.
Can you tell us what you’re most proud of achieving?
I’m pleased to announce we’re launching Leg Up at Congress 2019. A project to support new equine vets entering the profession by providing career advice and guidance from established equine vets who have been in their shoes. You can find out more on the BEVA website.
Do you have any advice for Tim?
Tim, what do you hope to achieve in your presidential year?
Survive the year without any disasters! But also...
• Continue BEVA’s work on the current problems of recruitment and retention.
• Support undergraduates interested in pursuing a career in equine practice.
• Support recent graduates in equine practice with CPD and
• Investigate future developments in equine practice in the next 10-15 years.
• Continue to promote awareness of antimicrobial and anthelmintic resistance and investigate practical ways that the profession can slow their progression.
What do you think will be your biggest challenge for the year?
Currently rated by 4 people