Practical Dentistry - the first steps
17 Nov 2018 08:45 - 18 Nov 2018 17:00
This course caters for recently graduated vets, or those returning to equine practice, with limited experience in modern equine dentistry. The two-day course comprises lectures, live-horse practicals and panel discussions with some of the leading clinicians in the field of equine dentistry.
The lectures will cover clinical anatomy, physiology, and developmental and acquired disease of incisors, canines, cheek teeth and periodontal tissues. The small group practical classes will allow delegates to be guided in the practice of thorough oral examination and routine floating of teeth with both hand rasps and motorised equipment. There will be a range of dental equipment available to use, and on display for purchase from our sponsors. However, delegates are encouraged to bring their own equipment for use in the practicals, and be guided in their use by the tutors.
The course fee includes the course dinner on Saturday 17th November (Please note: accommodation is not included in the registration fee).
Please note that this course is open to all veterinary surgeons and BEVA Student Members and those wishing to take part should register for the course as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
BEVA Members £245
Key Learning Objectives:
• Be able to recognise common dental disorders encountered in general practice
• Gain theoretical knowledge and practical experience with a range of dental instruments
• Gain theoretical and practical skills in routine equine dental care
• Understand the clinical anatomy & physiology of the equine mouth and teeth
• Understand the principles of routine dental imaging
Suitable for RCVS Modules:
C-E.12 Equine Dental Anatomy and Physiology; C-E.13 Equine Dental Care, Diagnosis and Treatment;
C-E.15 Basic Equine Practice 1, C-E.16 Basic Equine Practice Part 2
Mr Tim Barnett BSc(Hons) BVM&S MSc CertAVP DipECVS MRCVS Suffolk
Tim Barnett BSc(Hons) BVM&S MSc CertAVP DipECVS MRCVS - Suffolk
Graham Duncanson BVSc MSc(VetGP) DProf FRCVS - Norfolk
Mark Grant MA VetMB BSc PhD CertAVP(ED) BAEDT MRCVS - Suffolk
Sam Hole BSc(Hons) BVM&S CertAVP(EP) CertAVP(ED) Dipl. EVDC (equine) BAEDT MRCVS - Staffordshire
Rob Pascoe BVSc BAEDT MRCVS - Kent
Pete Ravenhill BVSc CertEM (StudMed) BAEDT MRCVS - Gloucestershire
Amy Reynolds BAEDT MRCVS - Dorset
Nicole du Toit BVSc MSc CertEP PhD DipEVDC(Eq) DipAVDC(Eq) MRCVS - Devon
Neil Townsend MSc BVSc CertES(ST) DipECVS DipEVDC(Eq) MRCVS - Gloucestershire
Terms and conditions:
- Cancellation more than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: A refund will be made less a 10% administrative charge.
- Cancellation less than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: No refunds can be guaranteed, but if BEVA can resell the place a refund will be made less a 20% administrative charge.
- Transfer of Delegate: Booked places can be transferred to another person. If the transferee is not a BEVA Member he/she will be liable for the difference between the Member and Non-Member delegate rates.
- Insurance: All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Safety: Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- Data Protection: I understand that BEVA may pass my details to the organisers or sponsors of the courses unless I have specified otherwise.
- Compliance: I am a qualified to undertake the procedures being taught, or I am in training for such a qualification, in which case I will make the organisers aware of my status.
By registering for this event, I confirm that I accept the above terms and conditions.
Kindly sponsored by