Radiography & Ultrasound Fundamentals
26 Oct 2018 08:45 - 18:00
A day discussing the radiography and ultrasound skills deemed essential for any vet seeing horses in general practice. Pre-course online learning will allow for emphasis on the day to be placed on the practical skills required and panel discussions. There will be both theory and practical teaching on the basics of radiography, how to take good radiographs and how to interpret them. The same format will be provided for ultrasound of the distal limb in the field. There will also be theory and discussion on when advanced imaging is indicated, which should give practitioners the confidence to refer appropriately for modalities such as MRI and CT.
BEVA Members £240
Please note, this course forms part of the Fundamentals of Equine Practice series of courses. For further information or to register for this course as part of this series please contact the BEVA office.
Key Learning Objectives:
• Develop an understanding of radiography and ultrasonography, how to get the most out of your equipment and how to correct common mistakes in the field.
• Enhance your practical skills in achieving the best diagnostic quality images possible.
• Refresh and update your knowledge on interpreting normal and abnormal findings on radiographs and ultrasound images, including identification of artefacts.
• Confidently recognise which diagnostic imaging modalities are appropriate and when.
• Applying what has been learnt to real case situations and discussing different approaches to cases.
Pre-Course Learning Webinars
How to get the best out of your X-ray equipment - Meehan & Gent
The physics of ultrasound and relating it to practice - Yeates
Setting up your ultrasound machine and commonly encountered artefacts - Yeates
Lucy Grieve MA VetMB MRCVS Suffolk
Sarah Boys Smith MA VetMB CertES(Orth) DipECVS MRCVS - Suffolk
Amy Gent REVN Suffolk
Lucy Grieve MA VetMB MRCVS - Suffolk
Josie Meehan - Suffolk
Rhiannon Morgan BSc BVSc CertAVP PhD MRCVS - Hertfordshire
Ceri Sherlock BVetMed (Hons) MS MVetMed DipACVS-LA DipECVDI-LA DECVS MRCVS - Kent
Terms and conditions:
- Cancellation more than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: A refund will be made less a 10% administrative charge.
- Cancellation less than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: No refunds can be guaranteed, but if BEVA can resell the place a refund will be made less a 20% administrative charge.
- Transfer of Delegate: Booked places can be transferred to another person. If the transferee is not a BEVA Member he/she will be liable for the difference between the Member and Non-Member delegate rates.
- Insurance: All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Safety: Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- Data Protection: I understand that BEVA may pass my details to the organisers or sponsors of the courses unless I have specified otherwise.
- Compliance: I am a qualified to undertake the procedures being taught, or I am in training for such a qualification, in which case I will make the organisers aware of my status.
By registering for this event, I confirm that I accept the above terms and conditions.
Kindly sponsored by