Human First Aid for Equine Vets
22 Mar 2018 09:00 - 17:00
Following the findings from the BEVA 2014 injuries survey, that showed Equine Vets have the highest risk of any civilian occupation, this must attend course will address a range of traumatic/ medical conditions which can be prevalent in the equine veterinary industry on a daily basis.
Using practice based scenarios this course will cover how to assess serious injuries and perform essential first aid should an accident occur in your hospital or ambulatory practice environment and will also look at how to mitigate risks in the future.
The course leads to an FAA Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work qualification.
BEVA Member £175
Key Learning Objectives:
• Recognise the risks involved within the equine veterinary profession
• Learn how to mitigate the risk of serious injury
• Know how to correctly assess an incident at work
• Manage a casualty with head, limb or crush injuries
• Recognise and assist a casualty who is choking or in shock
Nicola Jarvis BVetMed CertAVP (EM) CertAVP (ESST) MRCVS Norfolk
Ian Patterson Worcestershire
Terms and conditions:
- Cancellation more than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: A refund will be made less a 10% administrative charge.
- Cancellation less than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: No refunds can be guaranteed, but if BEVA can resell the place a refund will be made less a 20% administrative charge.
- Transfer of Delegate: Booked places can be transferred to another person. If the transferee is not a BEVA Member he/she will be liable for the difference between the Member and Non-Member delegate rates.
- Insurance: All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Safety: Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- Data Protection: I understand that BEVA may pass my details to the organisers or sponsors of the courses unless I have specified otherwise.
- Compliance: I am a qualified to undertake the procedures being taught, or I am in training for such a qualification, in which case I will make the organisers aware of my status.
By registering for this event, I confirm that I accept the above terms and conditions.