Keep Calm & Take Better Radiographs
01 Dec 2017 09:15 - 02 Dec 2017 17:00
Getting radiographs right first time is a significant skill requiring anatomical knowledge combined with an armoury of techniques and tricks. This course is aimed at those who want to develop or improve their equine radiographic skills. It’s suitable for all those involved in taking radiographs: nurses, technicians and vets.
In order to get the most from the facilities and the excellent instructors, the course is offered as a blended model and delegates will be provided with online material, including a revision of anatomy and basic imaging principles, to work through at their own pace before the course.
The emphases for the two days are hands-on, small group practical teaching and discussions on how to evaluate and improve diagnostic quality.
BEVA Members £550
Key Learning Objectives:
• To get a thorough understanding of radiographic anatomy
• To take radiographs of diagnostic quality of the different areas of the body
• Learn how to evaluate images for diagnostic quality
Dr Renate Weller DrMedVet PhD MRCVS FHEA Hertfordshire
Dr Marianna Biggi DVM, ECVDI, PhD MRCVS - Suffolk
Miss Alana Cyman - Hertfordshire
Mr Stijn Luyck - Buckinghamshire
Dagmar Berner / Kata Veres-Nyeki
Dr Renate Weller DrMedVet PhD MRCVS FHEA - Hertfordshire
Principles of radiographic image formation and it’s practical implications
Standard projections for the specific areas
Terms and conditions:
- Cancellation more than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: A refund will be made less a 10% administrative charge.
- Cancellation less than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: No refunds can be guaranteed, but if BEVA can resell the place a refund will be made less a 20% administrative charge.
- Transfer of Delegate: Booked places can be transferred to another person. If the transferee is not a BEVA Member he/she will be liable for the difference between the Member and Non-Member delegate rates.
- Insurance: All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Safety: Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- Data Protection: I understand that BEVA may pass my details to the organisers or sponsors of the courses unless I have specified otherwise.
- Compliance: I am a qualified to undertake the procedures being taught, or I am in training for such a qualification, in which case I will make the organisers aware of my status.
By registering for this event, I confirm that I accept the above terms and conditions.
Kindly Sponsored By: