Dealing With Youngsters For The Non-Stud Vet
17 Oct 2017 09:00 - 17:15
This one-day course is designed to increase confidence when dealing with equine youngsters. The course will have a practical emphasis and will cover the approach to handling, evaluating and treating foals and weanlings. Specific diseases and preventative medicine will be covered.
BEVA Members £245
Key Learning Objectives:
• Increase your confidence when dealing with foals and weanlings
• Refresh your knowledge of the most important diseases affecting youngsters
• Learn practical techniques in physical and chemical restraint to help when limited assistance is available
• Review a hands-on approach to evaluating conformation and dealing with the lame foal
• Gain up to date information to help you provide preventative health advice to your clients
Suitable for RCVS Modules:
C-E.2- General medicine. C-E.7- lameness
C-E.11- Care and Care and Management of Foal and Yearling, Stud Farm Management, Herd Health
Emily Haggett, BVSc, DACVIM, MRCVS, RCVS Recognised Specialist in Equine Internal Medicine Suffolk
Matt Smith BVetMed Dipl. ECVS DEO MRCVS Suffolk
Oliver Pynn BVSc CertEP MRCVS Suffolk
Charlie Cooke BVetMed BSc CertEM(StudMed) MRCVS Yorkshire
Sarah Stoneham BVSc CertESM MRCVS Yorkshire
Catriona Mackenzie BVMS Cert AVP(EM) MRCVS Suffolk
Terms and conditions:
- Cancellation more than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: A refund will be made less a 10% administrative charge.
- Cancellation less than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: No refunds can be guaranteed, but if BEVA can resell the place a refund will be made less a 20% administrative charge.
- Transfer of Delegate: Booked places can be transferred to another person. If the transferee is not a BEVA Member he/she will be liable for the difference between the Member and Non-Member delegate rates.
- Insurance: All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Safety: Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- Data Protection: I understand that BEVA may pass my details to the organisers or sponsors of the courses unless I have specified otherwise.
- Compliance: I am a qualified to undertake the procedures being taught, or I am in training for such a qualification, in which case I will make the organisers aware of my status.
By registering for this event, I confirm that I accept the above terms and conditions.
Rossdales Equine Hospital and Diagnostic Centre,
Cotton End Road,
Note: only online payments are accepted when booking via the website. If you do not wish to pay online please contact the office on 01638 723555