Ophthalmology - the essentials **FULL** Please contact the office to be placed on the waiting list
24 Nov 2017 09:00 - 18:00
The aim of the course is to provide a solid grounding in equine ophthalmology. The emphasis of the day is the practical use of instrumentation to obtain good clinical information and to provide treatment strategies for the commonly encountered equine ophthalmic conditions. An informal approach is encouraged with time scheduled for case discussion and practical sessions covering ocular ultrasound and indirect ophthalmoscopy. Aimed at all equine practitioner’s who wish to refresh their ophthalmic examination skills, this day course would be of particular use to new graduates.
BEVA Members £175
Non Members £350
Key Learning Objectives:
• Understand equine ophthalmic anatomy
• Be able to obtain key clinical information through the practical use of instruments
• Be able to recognise common ophthalmic conditions
• Be able to develop treatment strategies for commonly encountered ophthalmic conditions
• Be able to manage ophthalmic emergencies
• Understand common ophthalmic surgical procedures
We kindly ask that delegates bring their own ophthalmoscopes and camera/camera phone as well as any case photos they would like to discuss.
Suitable for RCVS Modules:
B-E.3 Equine Practice; C-E.4 Equine neuromuscular, behaviour and special senses; C-E.16 Basic Equine Practice Part 2; C-VO.2 Production animal and equine ophthalmology.
Mr Tim Knott BSc (Hons) BVSc CertVOphthal MRCVS - Gloucestershire
Mr Tim Knott Bsc (hons) BVSc CertVOphthal MRCVS - Gloucestershire
Mr Rob Lowe BVSc CertVOphthal MRCVS - Havant
Mr Brian Patterson BVM&S CertVOphthal MRCVS - Gloucestershire
Dr Andrew Matthews BVM&S PhD DipECEIM FRCVS - Strathclyde
Terms and conditions:
- Cancellation more than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: A refund will be made less a 10% administrative charge.
- Cancellation less than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: No refunds can be guaranteed, but if BEVA can resell the place a refund will be made less a 20% administrative charge.
- Transfer of Delegate: Booked places can be transferred to another person. If the transferee is not a BEVA Member he/she will be liable for the difference between the Member and Non-Member delegate rates.
- Insurance: All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Safety: Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- Data Protection: I understand that BEVA may pass my details to the organisers or sponsors of the courses unless I have specified otherwise.
- Compliance: I am a qualified to undertake the procedures being taught, or I am in training for such a qualification, in which case I will make the organisers aware of my status.
By registering for this event, I confirm that I accept the above terms and conditions.
Kindly Sponsored By:
De Vere Tortworth Court,
Note: only online payments are accepted when booking via the website. If you do not wish to pay online please contact the office on 01638 723555