The Challenges of Working at Eventing Competitions
10 Aug 2017 09:00 - 17:30
This course is designed for veterinary surgeons with an interest in working at Horse Trials/Three Day Event competitions. The course will run during the Three Day Event at Hartpury College, allowing a course walk and discussion of the veterinary arrangements and practical aspects of this type of work. The course will focus on the cross country phase of the competition and aims to cover a range of areas from preparation prior to the competition, treatment of injuries or accidents that may arise during the competition and treating specific conditions after the competition. Afternoon practical sessions are designed to complement the morning lectures as well as to allow discussions of some potentially difficult situations.
BEVA Members £215
Non Members £430
Key Learning Objectives:
• Understand the veterinary surgeons role and responsibilities before, during and after the XC phase of the competition
• Learn how to confidently manage acute severe lameness and wounds at an event
• Gain knowledge on managing trapped or recumbent horses
• Confidently make objective judgements about the tired horse
• Understand exercise associated collapse and sudden death
Dr Ellen Singer DCM DVSc DipACVS DipECVS MRCVS - Merseyside
Ms Joanne Suthers BVM&S MPhil CertES(Soft Tissue) DipECVS MRCVS - Gloucestershire
Miss Rachael Conwell BVetMed CertEM(IntMed) DECEIM MRCVS - North Yorkshire
Mr Paul Farrington BVetMed MRCVS - Berkshire
Dr Charlotte Sinclair BVSc PhD Cert EP Cert ES (Orth) MRCVS - Berkshire
Dr Ellen Singer DVM DVSc DipACVS DipECVS MRCVS - Merseyside
Dr Lesley Young BVSc DVC DVA DipECEIM PhD MRCVS - Suffolk
Mr Eric Winter - Wales
Terms and conditions:
- Cancellation more than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: A refund will be made less a 10% administrative charge.
- Cancellation less than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: No refunds can be guaranteed, but if BEVA can resell the place a refund will be made less a 20% administrative charge.
- Transfer of Delegate: Booked places can be transferred to another person. If the transferee is not a BEVA Member he/she will be liable for the difference between the Member and Non-Member delegate rates.
- Insurance: All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Safety: Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- Data Protection: I understand that BEVA may pass my details to the organisers or sponsors of the courses unless I have specified otherwise.
- Compliance: I am a qualified to undertake the procedures being taught, or I am in training for such a qualification, in which case I will make the organisers aware of my status.
By registering for this event, I confirm that I accept the above terms and conditions.
Kindly Sponsored By:
Note: only online payments are accepted when booking via the website. If you do not wish to pay online please contact the office on 01638 723555