Fundamentals of Sedation, Field Anaesthesia and Castration
15 Sep 2021 09:00 - 17:00
Register your interest
Sorry, we're just putting the final details together for this course. To be contacted when the course is available to book, please register your interest.
Who is the course for?
This course is part of our Fundamentals of Equine Practice series and is designed to equip young vets with the essential skills needed in equine practice. It would also be suitable for vets who are returning from a career break and mixed practice vets looking to refresh their skills.
About the Course
Fundamentals of Sedation, Field Anaesthesia and Castration is a very hands-on course that will equip you with the necessary skills required for common field surgery such as castration and cover sedation and field anaesthesia. Nerve blocks and regional anaesthesia for other common procedures will also be covered on cadavers. The programme is being finalised and will be uploaded soon.
Key Learning Objectives
- Develop an understanding of field anaesthesia
- Refresh and update your knowledge of different sedative drug regimens and doses
- Confidently be able to identify the required anatomy for open castration
- Be aware of complications and ways to minimise their risk and treat them
- Learn common local anaesthetic techniques
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Choose appropriate cases for field anaesthesia, be able to choose the most appropriate method for sedation and field anaesthesia and carry these out under field conditions
- Know the anatomy for castration and the technique for open castration
- Know the complication relating to sedation, field anaesthesia and castration and how to minimise the risk and treat them
- Know how to carry out common nerve blocks of the head and limbs
An excellent course! Great lectures, very applicable and informative with current techniques.
- 2019 Delegate
- BEVA members £260
- Non-members £520
- The full course programme will be available shortly
Kindly sponsored by
Please note: you are required to make an online payment when booking via the website. If you would like to pay using a different method please contact us on +44 (0) 1638 723 555 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms & Conditions
Covid-19 Terms and Conditions
- If you book a place on a BEVA CPD course and are unable to attend due to any Covid-19 related issue (e.g. as a result of showing symptoms or track and trace restrictions) you will receive a credit for the amount you paid. This credit can be used for any BEVA CPD and will be valid for a year from the date of issue. Please contact us as soon as possible if you are unable to attend a course.
- If you need to cancel your place for a non-Covid-19 related reason our standard terms and conditions will apply.
- If BEVA are required to cancel or postpone a course for any reason, you can opt to receive a full refund or receive a credit for a future BEVA CPD course (valid for a year from the date of issue).
Standard Terms and Conditions
- A full refund will be made, less a 10% administration charge, if cancellation is more than 6 weeks before the start of the course
- A refund cannot be guaranteed if cancellation is less than 6 weeks before the start of the course. A refund will be made if BEVA can resell the place, less a 20% administration charge.
- Booked places can be transferred to another person free of charge. If the transferee is not a BEVA member he/she will be liable for the difference between the member and non-member rate.
- All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- BEVA may pass contact details of delegates to the organisers or sponsors of the course unless the delegate has specified otherwise.
- All delegates self-certify that they are a qualified veterinary surgeon or veterinary nurse and qualified to undertake the procedures being taught. Where the delegate is in training for such a qualification BEVA must be made aware of their training status at the time of booking.
By registering for this event, you accept the above terms and conditions.