Fundamentals of Gastroenterology
11 Nov 2021 09:00 - 17:00
Liphook Equine Hospital,
Sorry we're not ready for you to book this course. Please register your interest and we'll contact you as soon as bookings open.
We plan to hold all advertised courses provided they can fully comply with local Covid-19 guidelines. This will mean that a series of protective measures will be put in place; all attendees will be notified of these measures before attending the course.
We would like to reassure you, if we need to cancel or postpone one of our upcoming courses for any reason you will be entitled to a full refund. Please see further information in our terms and conditions below.
Who is the course for?
The course is designed for young vets, it is part of our Fundamentals programme. It would also be suitable for those who want to refresh their knowledge.
About the Course
A day discussing the common gastro-intestinal conditions seen in general practice. Emphasis will be on using history and clinical examination to help determine the best diagnostic approach, driven by evidence-based medicine. Knowledge will be consolidated using case scenarios and there will be some demonstrations of practical techniques. We are finalising the programme for this course and will upload it here when available.
Key Learning Objectives
- Consolidate basic clinical knowledge and understanding of choke, gastric ulceration and impaction, liver disease, diarrhoea, weight loss and colic.
- Assess a horse with abdominal pain and formulate a plan for investigation and management.
- Identify potential infectious diarrhoea cases.
- Formulate and implement biosecurity plans for suspected diarrhoea cases.
- Confidently create a tailored yard worming programme.
- Know when and how to refer.
Gave me confidence about common clinical situations found in the field.
- 2020 Delegate
- Professor Gayle Hallowell MA VetMB PhD CertVA DipACVIM DipACVECC PFHEA FRCVS, Nottingham
- BEVA members £260
- Non members £520
- The programme will be added here soon.
Terms & Conditions
Covid-19 Terms and Conditions
- If you book a place on a 2020 BEVA CPD course and are unable to attend due to any Covid-19 related issue (e.g. as a result of showing symptoms or track and trace restrictions) you will receive a credit for the amount you paid. This credit can be used for any BEVA CPD up until the 31 December 2021. Please contact us as soon as possible if you are unable to attend a course.
- If you need to cancel your place for a non-Covid-19 related reason our standard terms and conditions will apply.
- If BEVA are required to cancel or postpone a course for any reason, you can opt to receive a full refund or receive a credit for a future BEVA CPD course (valid until 31 December 2021).
Standard Terms and Conditions
- A full refund will be made, less a 10% administration charge, if cancellation is more than 6 weeks before the start of the course
- A refund cannot be guaranteed if cancellation is less than 6 weeks before the start of the course. A refund will be made if BEVA can resell the place, less a 20% administration charge.
- Booked places can be transferred to another person free of charge. If the transferee is not a BEVA member he/she will be liable for the difference between the member and non-member rate.
- All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- BEVA may pass contact details of delegates to the organisers or sponsors of the course unless the delegate has specified otherwise.
- All delegates self-certify that they are a qualified veterinary surgeon or veterinary nurse and qualified to undertake the procedures being taught. Where the delegate is in training for such a qualification BEVA must be made aware of their training status at the time of booking.
By registering for this event, you accept the above terms and conditions.