Fundamentals of Lameness, Laminitis and Farriery
27 Jan 2021 09:00 - 17:00
The Horse Trust,
Sorry we're not ready for you to book this course. Please register your interest and we'll contact you as soon as bookings open.
Who is the course for?
The course is designed for young vets, it is part of our
Fundamentals programme. It would also be suitable for those who want to refresh their knowledge.
About the Course
Part of our ‘Fundamentals programme’ aimed at new and recent graduates this course covers the basics for performing a lameness examination, performing the common nerve and joint blocks as well as recognising and understanding the most common diseases. The principles of remedial farriery will be discussed, as well as guidelines when to refer a case for further lameness investigations at a referral hospital. Diagnosis and management of acute and chronic laminitis, PPID and an update on EMS will also be reviewed. The course will include lectures, practicals and discussions.
The full programme, including speakers, for this course is being finalised and will be posted here as soon as it's ready.
- BEVA members £260
- Non members £520
Please note: you are required to make an online payment when booking via the website. If you would like to pay using a different method please contact us on +44 (0) 1638 723 555 or by email at email@example.com.
Terms & Conditions
- Cancellation more than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: A refund will be made less a 10% administrative charge.
- Cancellation less than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: No refunds can be guaranteed, but if BEVA can resell the place a refund will be made less a 20% administrative charge.
- Transfer of Delegate: Booked places can be transferred to another person. If the transferee is not a BEVA Member he/she will be liable for the difference between the Member and Non-Member delegate rates.
- Insurance: All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Safety: Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- Data Protection: I understand that BEVA may pass my details to the organisers or sponsors of the courses unless I have specified otherwise.
- Compliance: I am a qualified to undertake the procedures being taught, or I am in training for such a qualification, in which case I will make the organisers aware of my status.
By registering for this event, I confirm that I accept the above terms and conditions.