About the Course
A day undertaking and practising sampling of the guttural pouch in horses alongside some short clinical presentations. This is a unique opportunity to practice this important clinical skill in the assessment of horses with guttural pouch empyema caused by Streptococcus equi var equi. Delegates will undertake examination of horses in a unique population of over 30 horses undergoing guttural pouch endoscopy as part of a robust biosecurity and strangles control program. Group sizes will be no more than 3 delegates around each horse / demonstrator.
Key Learning Objectives
- Gain confidence in your use of endoscopes when examining the horse’s upper respiratory tract
- Confidently be able to pass an endoscope into the guttural pouch of horses
- Describe the clinical management of horses with acute and chronic infections of strangles using systemic and local treatment protocols
- Develop a robust programme for the control of strangles in dynamic populations of horses
- Dr Adam Redpath BVMS(Hons) PGCert(VetMed) MRCVS, Nottingham
- BEVA members £375
- Non members £750
Full Course Programme
Kindly sponsored by
Note: only online payments are accepted when booking via the website. If you do not wish to pay online please contact the office on 01638 723555
Terms & Conditions
- Cancellation more than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: A refund will be made less a 10% administrative charge.
- Cancellation less than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: No refunds can be guaranteed, but if BEVA can resell the place a refund will be made less a 20% administrative charge.
- Transfer of Delegate: Booked places can be transferred to another person. If the transferee is not a BEVA Member he/she will be liable for the difference between the Member and Non-Member delegate rates.
- Insurance: All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Safety: Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- Data Protection: I understand that BEVA may pass my details to the organisers or sponsors of the courses unless I have specified otherwise.
- Compliance: I am a qualified to undertake the procedures being taught, or I am in training for such a qualification, in which case I will make the organisers aware of my status.
By registering for this event, I confirm that I accept the above terms and conditions.