About the Course
A day discussing current and important topics affecting those who are working at the upper levels of performance horse work, both racing and FEI. Speakers include experts in human training and sports medicine, drawing on comparison and potential for cross-species and cross-discipline learning. At the top-level vets are integrally involved in advising on training and management of the horse, so half the day is dedicated to this. The second half covers the medical management, with an emphasis on orthopaedics and optimising performance. The aim is to attract a high-quality audience, leading to stimulating discussion.
Key Learning Objectives
• Provide a platform for sharing current research and provoking discussion on topical issues.
• Promote open discussion on subjects which require it, including those which are controversial, debatable or in need of clarification.
• Explore practices in other sports which may be useful or beneficial when considering the same challenges encountered in equine sports.
• Identify areas which require further research, data gathering or greater consensus in order for the profession to make informed clinical decisions.
Lucy Grieve MA VetMB MRCVS, Suffolk
Dr Ulrich Hartmann PhD, Head of the Institute of Sports and Exercise Science, University of Leipzig, Germany
Dr Allan Davie, Founder of Australian Equine Racing and Research Centre, Australia
Dr Carol Austin MMedSci MBBCh, Head of Performance Support & Medical at Team Dimension Data for Qhubeka, South Africa
Andy Bathe MA, VetMB, DipECVS, DEO, DipACVSMR, MRCVS, Suffolk
Antony Clements BVSc, CertES(Orth), MRCVS, Suffolk
Stuart Williams, Newmarket-based Flat Racehorse Trainer, Suffolk
Chris Bartle FBHS, Dressage Olympian and Performance Coach to the British Three-Day Eventing Squad, Yorkshire
William Funnell, Four-time Hickstead Derby Winner, Surrey
- BEVA Members £200
- Non-members £400
Kindly sponsored by
Note: only online payments are accepted when booking via the website. If you do not wish to pay online please contact the office on 01638 723555
Terms & Conditions
- Cancellation more than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: A refund will be made less a 10% administrative charge.
- Cancellation less than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: No refunds can be guaranteed, but if BEVA can resell the place a refund will be made less a 20% administrative charge.
- Transfer of Delegate: Booked places can be transferred to another person. If the transferee is not a BEVA Member he/she will be liable for the difference between the Member and Non-Member delegate rates.
- Insurance: All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Safety: Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- Data Protection: I understand that BEVA may pass my details to the organisers or sponsors of the courses unless I have specified otherwise.
- Compliance: I am a qualified to undertake the procedures being taught, or I am in training for such a qualification, in which case I will make the organisers aware of my status.
By registering for this event, I confirm that I accept the above terms and conditions.