The Equine Emergency – how to keep calm and carry on!
07 Oct 2019 19:30 - 22:15
Equine Emergencies can take many different forms and come with their own unique set of pressures. From the panicked client to the distressed horse there is rarely more pressure on you to make the right decisions quickly.
This North East regional meeting is aimed at covering a range of common equine emergencies the first opinion practitioner is likely to see. The course will provide information on how to approach them in order to make decisions easier and considerably less stressful for all concerned.
The Garden Suite, Thirsk Racecourse,
Station Road, Thirsk, North Yorkshire. YO7 1QL
BEVA Members £50
BEVA Student Members £25
BEVA Nurse Members £25
KEY LEARNING OBJECTIVES
• Update/refresh your knowledge on common equine emergencies
• Confidently be able to decide which fractures can and can’t be treated
• Improve your knowledge of wound assessment and management
• Confidently be able to decide on the next steps for an emergency
• Learn what treatment options there are available for a wide range of equine emergencies
Alistair Love BVSc Cert AVP (EP) MRCVS RCVS Recognised Advanced Practitioner in Equine Practice,
Mr Tim Barnett BSc (Hons) BVM&S MSc CertAVP DipECVS MRCVS, Suffolk
Professor Mark Bowen BVetMed MMedSci, PhD Cert EM (Int Med), CertVA DipACVIM PFHEA FRCVS, Leicestershire
Dr John Burford MA VetMB PhD CertESTS, CertVA, PFHEA FRCVS, Leceistershire
Terms and conditions:
- Cancellation more than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: A refund will be made less a 10% administrative charge.
- Cancellation less than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: No refunds can be guaranteed, but if BEVA can resell the place a refund will be made less a 20% administrative charge.
- Transfer of Delegate: Booked places can be transferred to another person. If the transferee is not a BEVA Member he/she will be liable for the difference between the Member and Non-Member delegate rates.
- Insurance: All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Safety: Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- Data Protection: I understand that BEVA may pass my details to the organisers or sponsors of the courses unless I have specified otherwise.
- Compliance: I am a qualified to undertake the procedures being taught, or I am in training for such a qualification, in which case I will make the organisers aware of my status.
By registering for this event, I confirm that I accept the above terms and conditions.