Crash Avoidance for the Ambulatory Vet
10 Dec 2019 09:00 - 17:00
A brand new course for ambulatory vets of all stages and ages this course aims to help prevent spins and crashes, both physically in a car and mentally. Sharpen your reactions in treacherously slippery conditions and learn techniques to cope with extreme weather conditions in a safe environment with one-to-one tuition from a professional Goodwood driving instructor. With small group discussion on management of subconscious strains intrinsic to our job with practical tips from Trevor Bell, a specialist in first aid for mental health, you will leave this course more confident in your ability to manage everyday life on the road (and hopefully sleep better and have less car repair bills!).
Goodwood Motor Circuit, Chichester,
West Sussex, PO18 0PH
BEVA Members £370
KEY LEARNING OBJECTIVES
• Learn how to control a skid
• Learn how to drive quickly but safely in varying situations
• Develop ways of recognising and managing niggling worries and strains
• Develop your recognition of strain and stress in your colleagues
• Remove stress of poor road conditions and fatigue/burn out so you can enjoy the challenge of your job!
Sarah Gasper BVM&S CertEP MRCVS, BEVA Office
Trevor Bell, Northumberland
Chief Instructor and Team of Expert Instructors, Goodwood
Terms and conditions:
- Cancellation more than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: A refund will be made less a 10% administrative charge.
- Cancellation less than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: No refunds can be guaranteed, but if BEVA can resell the place a refund will be made less a 20% administrative charge.
- Transfer of Delegate: Booked places can be transferred to another person. If the transferee is not a BEVA Member he/she will be liable for the difference between the Member and Non-Member delegate rates.
- Insurance: All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Safety: Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- Data Protection: I understand that BEVA may pass my details to the organisers or sponsors of the courses unless I have specified otherwise.
- Compliance: I am a qualified to undertake the procedures being taught, or I am in training for such a qualification, in which case I will make the organisers aware of my status.
By registering for this event, I confirm that I accept the above terms and conditions.