Equine Anaesthesia and Analgesia – a BEVA/AVA meeting
17 May 2019 09:00 - 17:30
A one day course which aims to cover all aspects of practical anaesthesia of horses. This course would suit hospital interns, general practitioners with an interest in equine anaesthesia looking to refresh their knowledge, and those studying towards anaesthesia certificate or diploma qualifications.
The day ends with an hour’s discussion of case scenarios and participants are encouraged to highlight individual queries, cases or topics they would like to be discussed, to tailor the course to the participants’ interests and individual learning objectives.
Animal Health Trust, Landwades Park, Kentford, Newmarket, Suffolk. CB8 7UU
BEVA Members £245
KEY LEARNING OBJECTIVES
• Develop an understanding of current analgesic options in horses
• Refresh your knowledge on equine anaesthesia from pre-anaesthesia examination to recovery
• Learn practical skills in equine local anaesthetic techniques
• Be able to confidently treat hypotension and ventilate horses under anaesthesia
• Improve your interpretation of blood gas results
Association of Veterinary Anaesthetists
Dr Alice Bird MA VetMB Dip. EVCAA MRCVS, Suffolk
Dr Elizabeth Leece BVSc Cert VA DipECVAA MRCVS, Cheshire
Dr Miguel Gozalo Marcilla DVM PhD DipECVAA MRCVS, Edinburgh
Dr Kerry Woodhouse BVSc, Cert VA, DACVAA, MRCVS, Edinburgh
SUITABLE FOR RCVS MODULES
C-E.15 Basic Equine Practice 1
C-VA.2 Veterinary Anaesthesia: Equine Anaesthesia and Analgesia
Terms and conditions:
- Cancellation more than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: A refund will be made less a 10% administrative charge.
- Cancellation less than 6 weeks prior to the start of the course: No refunds can be guaranteed, but if BEVA can resell the place a refund will be made less a 20% administrative charge.
- Transfer of Delegate: Booked places can be transferred to another person. If the transferee is not a BEVA Member he/she will be liable for the difference between the Member and Non-Member delegate rates.
- Insurance: All delegates must have appropriate liability and professional indemnity insurance.
- Safety: Delegates must bring appropriate safety wear (coveralls, hard hats, boots etc) to courses involving practical sessions.
- Data Protection: I understand that BEVA may pass my details to the organisers or sponsors of the courses unless I have specified otherwise.
- Compliance: I am a qualified to undertake the procedures being taught, or I am in training for such a qualification, in which case I will make the organisers aware of my status.
By registering for this event, I confirm that I accept the above terms and conditions.